GYTR Carbon Slip On Pipe ..

i got a Genuine Yamaha Technology Racing (GYTR) carbon slip on pipe on my FZ1N looks great & sounds awesome , it also increased HP & Torque & lightened the overall weight of my FZ1N .. :cool:

I have the same pipe and really like it, a lot better than the stock boat anchor looking muffler. Here's a pic of my bike with the GYTR:

5-07-08004.jpg

I was just wonderin what noise laws you have . ere in G.B. any after market pipe has to have a stamp for road use so we can only use proper race cans on track!!!

Do you have a fuel cut eliminmater as the stock FZ1 has a system that cuts the fuel 100 % when you release the throttle until close to idle speed this causes abit of a sutter or very much a on or off throttle response like a Vtwin (to meet euro emission standards) the Ivans unit plugs strainght in just ave to lift the tank (can just rock it back but is very easy to remove as the unit needs to be secured to something) makes abig differance, no more power but much smoother and nicer to ride good investment;)

I was just wonderin what noise laws you have . ere in G.B. any after market pipe has to have a stamp for road use so we can only use proper race cans on track!!!

i guess here in Australia we are more relaxed with the rules , we can have aftermarket pipes on our bikes . its technically illegal to tamper with the OEM exhaust , but most police leave you alone if its not overwhelmingly loud .

Do you have a fuel cut eliminmater as the stock FZ1 has a system that cuts the fuel 100 % when you release the throttle until close to idle speed this causes abit of a sutter or very much a on or off throttle response like a Vtwin (to meet euro emission standards) the Ivans unit plugs strainght in just ave to lift the tank (can just rock it back but is very easy to remove as the unit needs to be secured to something) makes abig differance, no more power but much smoother and nicer to ride good investment;)

any links to the Ivans site or the fuel cut out kit ?

Heres my GYTR, and I chopped it 5.5" (just behind the logo for metric users who dont use inches) and I think it looks awesome. Its actually lower pitched now as well.

DSCF0846.jpg

What I did to cut mine was this.

First thing I did was take the tip out, and take a square and trace down the lines indicating where the holes should be.

I then taped a guide line around the can and cut it with a hacksaw, through the packing, but not through the inner pipe.

After this, take the can off the inner pipe, and cut the inner pipe down about 1/4 inch more then you did the can. (if you dont do this, the tip will not fit back in, dont ask how i know)

when your done with that, reassemble the pipe, except for the tip. Now tape a guide line around the pipe where you need the holes to be drilled (measure how far down from the old ones) and then drill them out.

When you get done with this part you may have to tweak it a bit by elongating the holes slightly to get them all to line up. This doesnt effect the looks though, because the washers on the bolts cover the holes up.

When your done with that put the tip back on and your ready to roll.

As far as the loudness goes, I would say that its slightly louder, but with a lower tone than the regular length. I think its much better now than the original sound.

What I did to cut mine was this.

First thing I did was take the tip out, and take a square and trace down the lines indicating where the holes should be.

I then taped a guide line around the can and cut it with a hacksaw, through the packing, but not through the inner pipe.

After this, take the can off the inner pipe, and cut the inner pipe down about 1/4 inch more then you did the can. (if you dont do this, the tip will not fit back in, dont ask how i know)

when your done with that, reassemble the pipe, except for the tip. Now tape a guide line around the pipe where you need the holes to be drilled (measure how far down from the old ones) and then drill them out.

When you get done with this part you may have to tweak it a bit by elongating the holes slightly to get them all to line up. This doesnt effect the looks though, because the washers on the bolts cover the holes up.

When your done with that put the tip back on and your ready to roll.

As far as the loudness goes, I would say that its slightly louder, but with a lower tone than the regular length. I think its much better now than the original sound.

great advice , cheers for the heads up mate .. :cool:

I installed the aluminum GYT-R muffler on my 2003 FZ1. It sounds great at speeds over 50 mph, but under that it reminds me of the old 2-stroke bikes I used to own many years ago.

Back