Hello fellow riders! New here.

Hey I just bought my second Gen 1. Took me seventeen years to decide to get another. Missed it ever since I hit a truck at 60 mph. His fault. I got a 2003 FZ1 from Colorado and rode it home in two days a 1000 miles. I love it! It has to Givi hard cases and top mount for trunk. 12,000 miles on it. I’m up to 16,500 now. Just installed two new Michelin pilot power 2CT on it myself. It had 2011 pirelli angel gt on it and I love the new ones far better. Way faster turn in. It wants to lean now and didn’t before.

Attachments

• IMG_3822.jpeg
    IMG_3822.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3594.jpeg
    IMG_3594.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
Congrats and thanks for the pics!

I love the 2CT tires but my rears only last about 3-4k. When you wear yours out, if you want a bump in mileage, check out the Road 5. A little more expensive but worth it for the increased mileage, imho...

Congrats and thanks for the pics!

I love the 2CT tires but my rears only last about 3-4k. When you wear yours out, if you want a bump in mileage, check out the Road 5. A little more expensive but worth it for the increased mileage, imho...
I appreciate the suggestion on tires. I want to see if I can get this bike up to 100,000 miles. I’d love to keep it forever. I bought the new tires on Revzilla for $390 and then found Amazon sells my old Pirelli Angel Gt for $234 a set. I might have to go back to those next and see how they ride when new. I put about 3000 miles on the old worn out angels that were on it when I got it. They were fantastic in the rain up to any speed! But they had very slow turn in and didn’t feel confidence inspiring in the turns. They never slipped from cold during hard acceleration. My new ones seem to have less traction during hard upright acceleration. I haven’t gotten the front wheel to pull off the ground with the new one. The angels did phenomenal at that part. Weird. Maybe it was because the angels were worn out and had a huge wide flat spot in the middle. I’ll just have to see. The new Pilot power 2CT have to best feeling in the turns like they will far exceed my abilities. The angels felt the other way around.

So many variables! 😅 Gotta go with what meets your needs and makes you feel secure, fer sure!

I ran the 2CT's on the street and multiple track days. Never felt like I was even close to reaching their limit. The Road 5 has only been on the street but is approaching 5k in mileage. I'd imagine it would do fine for beginning track days as well.

Back