Helmet Cam Videos

My son kept badgering me to mount the GoPro atop my lid. He didn't care for all my other mounting locations. Well, I figured that today was as good as any day to do it so my buddy "CanonFuji", (from FZ10A), and I headed up to Bear Mountain to test it out. My son didn't want to join us. Anyway here they are. I guess he was right. It's actually a pretty good perspective. Check em out!.......Remember the HQ button to watch it in High Quality.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi7-MABhOXc]YouTube - Bear Mountain Helmet View Part 1[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7ZgJe-_UJ4]YouTube - Bear Mountain Helmet View Part 2[/ame]

That's it, I'm calling the cops. (bunch of damn hooligans you are!)

Skipping past cars to make turns......crossing the double line when its not safe to pass (geez, I'm telling you today's generation of kidz.....)

Don't give you much of a barrier from the cliffside on the startout of the first video.

Best angle yet, suggest you get one of PJ's mohawks to obscure the camera perched atop your head. It is just as noticeable if ya didn't (check out your shadow)

Look like the aliens that Marvin the Martian sent after Bugs Bunny, 'cept you are much better lookin' :poke:

Adam

That's it, I'm calling the cops. (bunch of damn hooligans you are!)

Skipping past cars to make turns......crossing the double line when its not safe to pass (geez, I'm telling you today's generation of kidz.....)

Don't give you much of a barrier from the cliffside on the startout of the first video.

Best angle yet, suggest you get one of PJ's mohawks to obscure the camera perched atop your head. It is just as noticeable if ya didn't (check out your shadow)

Look like the aliens that Marvin the Martian sent after Bugs Bunny, 'cept you are much better lookin' :poke:

Adam

I am still laughing at your post Adam, funny stuff. That alien look is part of the reason that I never wanted to do that particular angle. I saw that shadow and also laughed. Also, you have to learn not to look at that cliffside as your coming down. The first two times I did the mountain, I couldn't get over 30mph because of that. Now I have learned not to look over to that side. You make a mistake there and you can kiss your A## goodbye. No guardrails or anything, just a few rocks.

Hey Billy,When you mount your camera on your helmet, how much drag do you feel up there. I haven't had a chance to get out to test mine yet but I was thinking that mounting it on my helmet might be a bit too much, especially if the speed got up there around interstate speed.

Hey Billy,When you mount your camera on your helmet, how much drag do you feel up there. I haven't had a chance to get out to test mine yet but I was thinking that mounting it on my helmet might be a bit too much, especially if the speed got up there around interstate speed.

Someone told me that you never get her up over 60???:poke: LOL. I gotta say that in the video I have the bike up to 100+mph on 2 or so occasions and I didn't notice a thing. And thats with winds gusting to 25mph. You truly forget that its there. You do however, look like something from outer space. You had to see the expression on the toll takers face when he looked at me. You can just see him staring at me for a few seconds. The fact is that I unmount it once we are off the mountain and wrap it in a wool hat and stick it in my backpack. Hurry up and get that thing working. We wanna see more videos. I am so happy the weather is finally getting better. I am happy with the view from atop the helmet. Now I gotta hear my son telling me "I told you so" for the rest of the week. He had been criticizing my work on the other angles about how they sucked and all so now he's happy. So load up those lithiums and get cracking!!! Just make sure to keep the microphone setting on "Low". Regardless of what my kid tells me, I am still gonna get artsy Fartsy and do some more radical angles. I am even going to buy the GoPro with the regular lens. B&H Camera here in NYC will sell you just the camera by itself at a decent price. I think its just about $100.00 dollars.

I'll be out there in a week or so. Right now my faithfull steed is looking like it's got the flu. Tank up on sticks, cowl half torn off, and exhaust off the bike. All waiting for the new pipe and PCIII. I was hoping that Mr. UPS would have something for me yesterday but he just drove by. If I get my parts in the next couple days I should be able to get all the new stuff on the bike and get it out for a spin. Right now the roads are covered in the sand they laid down during the winter snow storms and it's pretty hairy in the twisties because you never know when you are going to run into a sand dune right in the middle of the road. I'm not sure if they do that in New York, but a good fall from hiting that sand isn't easy on the bike or you. Last time that hapened to me was in 1986 and it cost about $4000 to fix the plastic on my 900R. Luckily my wife and I were in leathers so we walked away without much damage, except to my pride. Anyway, I have a vets meetig on Saturday in a town about 70 miles away that it on one my my favorite roads. If all goes well, I'll put the cam on and post the ride.

I have a vets meetig on Saturday in a town about 70 miles away that it on one my my favorite roads. If all goes well, I'll put the cam on and post the ride.

Thats right, I keep forgetting that your in Michigan. Over here they usually salt in the city and sand up north. I'll look forward to seeing your video. I hope that UPS guy shows up soon.

nice video's from that angle. Some nice music selection on the second vid! I'm not gonna comment on passing lines etc.....not being holier than the pope :D

Back