Help! Dropped clutch rubber into engine

Hi all,

Been doing the rotor replacement this morning.. followed videos etc, when putting back together noticed there's only 2 clutch rubbers in my oil pan..

After a lot of searching and swearing.. had a look down the gap.. below the gap that the rotor is in.. low and behold there she is.. attempt to fish it out and falls right down, can't even see it any more.

At least if it was the washer etc I could get it out with a long magnet! My question to the hive mind - is there sufficient access for it to drop all the way into the sump? Before I start removing the exhaust and sump to hope it's got all the way through? Absolute nightmare!

Thanks all!

Stripped the bike down, snapped half the exhaust studs, dropped the sump, there the bastard was staring me in the face. About 8 hours later all good, taking the bike to a local garage next week to get the broken studs removed.

Classic 15 min job turns into a whole weekend.

The story of my mechanical life! Can't count how many "quick projects" have had me this close [] to rage quitting! When the internet says "hell, I did (insert job of your choice here) THAT in 2 hours while drinking 6 beers and eating a sandwich!", I know it'll be the better part of a day for me... :)

Glad you got it sorted out and made some progress!

Stripped the bike down, snapped half the exhaust studs, dropped the sump, there the bastard was staring me in the face. About 8 hours later all good, taking the bike to a local garage next week to get the broken studs removed.

Every 20 minute job is just one broken bolt away from turning into a two day ordeal.

Back