Help engine sounding rougher/louder need advice

purchased some quality oil earlier today so i will be replacing the current oil in the bike with this in the morning and hopefully this will ease the engine noise which ive been concerned about. The only thing i can put the cause of the louder engine noise down to is long hard riding the day prior to me noticing the engine seeming to be louder than usual. hopefully this will ease it back to the level of noise prior to this im not to concerned about it though as the mechanic said the nike sounded good and im just being over paranoid.

It's easy to get paranoid over engine noises. Good on the oil change but what about the oil filter as well - but if you have already gone ahead see how it sounds. Not sure what you mean by the "garage" where you bought the bike??

purchased some quality oil earlier today so i will be replacing the current oil in the bike with this in the morning and hopefully this will ease the engine noise which ive been concerned about. The only thing i can put the cause of the louder engine noise down to is long hard riding the day prior to me noticing the engine seeming to be louder than usual. hopefully this will ease it back to the level of noise prior to this im not to concerned about it though as the mechanic said the nike sounded good and im just being over paranoid.

This is kinda what I was hinting at as a possibility, from your original description. Sometimes our perceptions of phenomena can change, even with slight actual changes of events. That is something that is actually studied in laboratory settings, sometimes. ;)

It's easy to get paranoid over engine noises. Good on the oil change but what about the oil filter as well - but if you have already gone ahead see how it sounds. Not sure what you mean by the "garage" where you bought the bike??

Hi by 'garage' I mean the dealership its what we call them in the U.K lol. I was thinking about changing the filter aswell so can I still change the filter now or will I have to get new oil for the change. If so I will have to wait until the next oil change and do the both of them this time. thanks

So this may sound stupid---but when you listen, is it helmet off vs. on? It can be decieving to hear the engine with it on most of the time, and then when its off you definitely notice louder ticks/things.

Hi by 'garage' I mean the dealership its what we call them in the U.K lol. I was thinking about changing the filter aswell so can I still change the filter now or will I have to get new oil for the change. If so I will have to wait until the next oil change and do the both of them this time. thanks

Always a good idea to replace oil filter when replacing engine oil. Used filter's filtering capacity is diminished over time so if you don't replace it your new oil wont last as long.

In this case since the oil had recently been changed you'd probably be fine to leave the old filter in there...

So this may sound stupid---but when you listen, is it helmet off vs. on? It can be decieving to hear the engine with it on most of the time, and then when its off you definitely notice louder ticks/things.

well it is a lot more noticable with the helmet off but this wasnt the cause as i actually noticed the increased engine noise when i started riding it with my helmet on. i removed the baffle out of my can now so the bike is back to sounding awsome again as this cancelled engine noise out lol ive watched evry fz1 video on youtube and te be honest every one of them engines sounded the same so i was just over paranoid.

Back