Hey guys, need tire advice (Pic included)

Hey guys. So I have the stock tires on now with 4,300 miles after I bought her in May and it looks like its time for a new rear. I'm just going to replace both as a set though since I really don't like the front all too much. It slipped out on me twice in a hard stop. I want to either grab the Pilot Road 4's or Pilot Power 3's.

Obviously my concern is the same as everyone elses: I want my f*cking cake and eat it too (Grip and durability lmao) but we cant have that can we? So, my question is will the PR4's give me the grip that I need, or do I need the PP3's?

Here is my rear at 4,000 miles. I did do 2 burnouts which is why the middle is flattened. Just wanted a video of it, won't be doing it again :retard:

I do autocross events with Velocity and take the bike out on the track at most of them for about 5 laps or so, you can see by my chicken strips about how low I get so it's not knee-dragging. I have scraped peg on her though. The rear end came out on me about a half second later but I caught it. I also do alot of commuting about 1-2x/week at about 100 miles a pop. So This is why I'm interested in both grip and durability.

I just bought her may 15th or so and have 4,500 miles as of today I think, if that gives an idea as to how much I ride.I haven't been to the actual track yet on this bike.

Pilot Road 2/3/4
Bridgestone T30
Pirelli Angel GT
Continental RoadAttack2 EVO
Dunlop Roadsmart II

These are all excellent choices for you and probably offer better overall performance than the OEM tires. If you feel that these don't offer enough grip, you can always move up to a sport tire like the Q3, Pilot Power, S20, etc.

I found that the real trick with tires is finding the ones that give you what you're looking for. All the different makes and models are unique and will feel different for different riders and bikes.

Last edited:
I'm on what is probably my fifth set of Angel GTs (between two bikes) and love 'em. More than grippy enough for anything I'm doing on the street, and better than average lifespan. I just had a front mounted up in Maine. The old front had almost 11K miles on it. I'm getting 7K+ on the rears.

How many kilometres can you get out of a back tyre on them Dicko?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have over 5000 now and it's going strong. I'd have to check the odo, I don't tend to look at that much. It's starting to flatten off, but with the harder compound in the middle & the softer on the edges, it holds it's shape well with a fair bit of commuting on it.

One for Dunlop RSII. Great grip dry/wet. Before them she had Michelin PR2, not bad but Dunlop is slightly better in my book.
Cheers

PR4 will drag pegs around a track no problem. you wont be going past a level 2 pace but, enough to have fun with, and get 7-8k miles out of it

Back