High revs= fuel in oil pan

Hello everybody I recently purchased a 2006 yamaha FZ1 and i was hoping this wouldnt be my first post but sadly it is. The bike has an upgraded sprocket and an ecu flash. I was merging onto the highway in first gear, had to accelerate because of traffic and and i look down at my speedo and i was revving at around 12-12.5 I then quickly shift into 2nd and it did not feel right. I knew something was very wrong. The bike seems to have loss of power and bogging at low speeds 25mph and under. Upon start up the rpm jumps up and down and doesnt idle smoothly. From what i understand that if the bike has an ecu flash the rev limiter is elminated. I changed the oil yesterday and it looked really milky and smelled like gasoline. There was a continuous drip of gas coming out of the bike when the plug was dropped. I have searched and from what ive read it seems like i could have a leaky injector. No metal shards in oil luckily. I will not be riding the bike until i can figure this out. I dont know where to start. I want to get some miles on this thing as i havent put many on it since ive owned it. Thanks in Advance Iam hoping I can learn alot from joining this community.

Holy moly, that's quite a conundrum! Please give us more details about the bike. Mileage, any other mods than the ones you listed and perhaps any services you've done or had done recently.

I hope we can get you some help with this issue!

Holy moly, that's quite a conundrum! Please give us more details about the bike. Mileage, any other mods than the ones you listed and perhaps any services you've done or had done recently.

I hope we can get you some help with this issue!

bike has 11,000 miles. two 50 year olds owned the bike before me,they were meticulous about the maintenance. Im assuming plugs haven't been done yet because the owners manual calls for 20,000 miles. oil has been changed religiously. bike ran perfect before and now I would just like to get this resolved. has anyone endured leaky injectors and how expensive would this fix be? should i pull the spark plugs? im looking for a start point for all of this. thanks in advance

Leaky injectors can be figured out if you see gas over the cylinder head through the velocity stacks. It could also be a fuel pressure regulator problem. I have fixed this on a friends vfr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could also be a faulty coil stick causing a misfire , you would be flooding a cylinder causing fuel to seep past rings into sump, I would take plugs out and see if ones wet ,,, also do all four exhaust down pipes heat up evenly

Back