Highlands ride

joker80

I'm planning on going for a short spin up hwy 28 from Walhalla SC to highlands and were ever else looks good in the area Saturday afternoon. If anyone is going to be in the area let me know and we can meet up for a ride. Hopefully the weather will be nice. I saw that there is a small chance of rain but maybe it will hold off.

Wish I was, I used to have a home in cashiers and went through West Union on the way to Cashiers. Have you ever ridden the road from Cashiers to Highlands, about 11 miles long or so. Its quite twistie and would be fun. I have only ridden at Deals Gap and was taught some manners by the pavement at mile marker 4 Parsons corner. That was a tough experience, however I didn't break any bones and I got up and brushed off my bike, started it up and went back to where we were staying under my own power. I think that is 107 for a highway number right ? That is an interesting road also going from walhalla to cashiers, lots of curves, climbs and descents. You live at the entrance to heaven when its not to cold. Happy Riding!

This is a great place to live and ride. You are right about highway 107. There are 3 good highways that run out of this area up into the mountains... 28, 107, and 130. Also 76 just about forgot about that one. A route I like to take is 130 in Salem SC (this turns into 281 in NC) to 64. This runs Through Cashiers NC to Highlands NC where you jump onto 106 (turns into 246 in GA) to 441. take 441 to 76 and this will take you back to Westminster SC. If anyone takes this route I recommend that when you get to Dillard GA you stop in at the Dillard house to eat. This is some of the best country cooking you will ever eat. I do have to warn you of two things... it is a little expensive and you will be so stuffed when you leave your bike may not like you anymore HA HA.

Back