History Channel Motorcycle Shows

Hairy Bikers. I had such hope for this show. I was hoping I'd get to see some touring oriented show that focused on the bikes and the lifestyle. What I see is like the Alton show feasting on asphalt where it doesn't matter how they're getting to the different places, the food is the star. Why call the show Hairy Bikers if the bikes and bikers aren't the star?

Either way, some of the odd foods they eat and prepare are neat but I can't seem to watch the full 30 minutes without losing interest.

Jessie James Blacksmith show on history channel premiered this morning. They kind of snuck this in because I don't remember seeing promos for it. I just happened to be browsing through the guide and hit record so I could watch it.

From the History Channel Schedule:
Jesse James Blacksmith
No matter what you might think of him, in all corners of the globe, Jesse James is respected for his incredible skills, vision and dogged determination. Jesse is known as the Master Fabricator, he is a world-class welder, operates the violent power hammer with grace and agility and he even became a coppersmith to make one of his bikes out of copper. There is only one discipline left for him to tackle before mastering all aspects of metal working--blacksmithing. It's been years since we last saw Jesse do what we love to watch him do the most, build an amazing one-of-a-kind creation and then take us along for a ride. For the first time ever, Jesse will build his first engine--but not just any engine, he takes on the near impossible mission of tracking down a rare 1930's race car engine and rebuilds it to go into a new bike. With no blueprints, no instructions, he goes on a hunt to find a rare breed of craftsmen and builders who might know something about how to help him achieve his goal.

The History Channel Scheduler doesn't list when it's going to re-air. I'm watching it now on DVR. Kind of reminds me why I like watching this kind of stuff. He's got a persona now that's totally different from what was on display during the American Chopper thing a ma watcha callit but not a build off earlier this week.

It's got him reading the narration from a script while he goes off to Israel to learn the art of blacksmithing. Then he comes home and builds a bike based of off a 1930s midget car engine.

Watching it you can see what made him popular and famous. The thing I've always liked about his bikes is that he builds it then takes it for long rides somewhere.

American Chopper dudes make motorcycle art that's designed to sit inside under lights on a turning thing in a glass case. Jessie makes art that's designed to be ogled at the local bike spot making you wonder how anybody rides those things.

When I lived in Long Beach, I used to pass his shop just about every weekend. That's when he was on tv with his show but I never went in. He seemed like an ass then (still does now) but I couldn't stop watching his shows.

It seems like I have the same problem now so I'm wondering if this is a one off special or will it be like his old Discovery specials that he did once or twice a year when he built the copper bike then rode it to mexico or that other bike that I can't remember then rode it to sturgis?

I'd happily watch that a few times a year.

Last edited:
Back