HJC RPHA10 from a converted Arai user

I have been an Arai believer for years (been rocking their moto helmets for 15 years and street for 5) and until now thought I would never wear a different helmet. Also I should point out I have always hated on HJC and thought they were poorly made and offered less protection. While trying on the new RX-Q in a local store I noticed this helmet sitting next to it and thought it looked cool. With the different logo on the front I did not know it was a HJC and thought it was a new brand. I tried it on and was instantly impressed with how light it was as well as the fact that it was just as plush and soft inside as an Arai. Everything on it felt well made and the helmet seemed solid. I went home and did some research on it and was impressed with what I found. The new technology they use for the shell is extremely strong and dissipates energy as well as if not better then the other high end helmets. The antibacterial, anti-odor liner is another great feature. I decided with the low price to go ahead and get one and I would just exchange it for an Arai if I didn't like it. So far I have had it for 3 weeks and 1,500 miles (400 mile longest trip). I could not be happier, super comfortable, quieter then my previous Arai, less lift the the Arai, and the light weight is awesome on longer rides. The liner stayed dry which is an accomplishment as I spent 3 hours of the trip in +100 degree weather.

Sorry for hating you all these years HJC, great job on the new lid.

Thank you for the review. This new line from HJC looks great. They also have a flip-up version of this helmet that has received rave reviews.

Back