Homework Assignment

Homeworks in,results-
R1-411
R2-409
R3-391

F1-596
F2-586
F3-576
Not knowing much about suspension could do with some feedback on these numbers.Bike feels fine to me on the road when i'm dialled in so do i change what i got.(all stock 08 FZ1s suspension)

R1=511mm
R2=506mm
R3=475mm

F1=742
F2=720
F3=700

Preload rear spring = 6
Static Sag Rear=5mm--> seems I should change the preload to maybe notch5?
Rider Height Rear=36mm--> within goals 25to40mm

Preload front fork=ring4,5 (16mm from top clamp to top adjusting nut)
Static Sag Front=22mm
Rider Heigt Front=42mm--> should increase preload to ring4?

Last edited:
Homework done! Thanks very much!

Being a bit of a swot and having a week off work (and going nowhere anyway thanks to a certain volcano) can I ask for a heads up on the next assignment?

If not, it's AIS blockoff time...

Cheers!

Simon

Ok, I just did my homework.
Now, the bike is 73 days old and has 1,055 Km's on it.
It was set up by the Yamaha dealer and I have not touched it yet.

Clip_3.jpg

So how is it guys?

I'd get your front to about 30mm ride height... probably about 15mm static... on bumpy roads, you might find that it's more comfortable, as it's moving in the proper range.... the goal of all of this is to make the suspension travel in the middle of the range... not topped out, not bottomed out...

I did my hw teacher! I did notice a small difference (good difference) because my bike was set up pretty stiff for me (145lbs) and now I can feel the difference in it cycling. I also watched the vids you posted and they were able to help me set my rebound. I really liked how my forks were set so i adjusted the rear to match, i dont remember how many clicks but it feels soooo much better(no more bucking sensation on shitty pavement). You are the one teacher i like :)

Mine are very ambiguous. One is in spec other is not which means adjusting one screws up the other. Front is all cuckooed

I got a penske shock setup for my weight so didn't change anything with it and the rear setting was good.
R1 588
R2 568
R3 545

Went one notch on the preload later to get a compromise.
F1 136
F2 110, 112
F3 93, 98

Static Sag: R 20 F 26, 24
Ride Height: R 33, F 43

Back