Honda CBF1000F deals price blow to Yamaha FZ1 Fazer

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Ita TMs another black day for Yamaha dealers as Honda announces its UK price of the new CBF1000F-ABS all-rounder. The 106bhp Fireblade-engined CBD1000F will cost A 1500 less than its opposite number the admittedly more powerful 147bhp R1-engined FZ1 Fazer.

More...

Even if it costs less I would never consider replacing my FZ1 with one. It weighs more, has less power and doesn't look as good as the FZ... no thanks. I'm sure it will appeal to some folks though, just not my bag o chips.

That bike is ugly and underpowered. Apples and Oranges IMHO.
Lets see, I can get an ugly Honda with 106HP or I can get a stylish Yamaha FZ1 with 147 HP.
No contest really.

It's not the ugliest bike in the world, but I couldn't compare it to the FZ1 or FZ6. I've never been a big Honda fan, but it's a reasonable effort. I still don't think I want ABS on a bike. The lack of power and extra weight are the biggest drawbacks, that is other than that atrocious exhaust pipe! :hellno: (I'd have an aftermarket pipe on that ASAP!) :shaking head:

comes in silver (shown), black, white and some ugly brownish gold :tdown:

cb1000fa-2.jpg

I really do not see it as a direct competitor to the FZ1. The FZ1 is a naked super bike. This is a day to day commuter/touring standard. I still like the styling though. They would have been crazy to try to sell it for the same price as the FZ1.

I really do not see it as a direct competitor to the FZ1. The FZ1 is a naked super bike. This is a day to day commuter/touring standard. I still like the styling though. They would have been crazy to try to sell it for the same price as the FZ1.

I think that pretty much says it all. We are trying to compare two bikes that aren't really made to compete with one another because the article is titled "Honda CBF1000F deals price blow to Yamaha FZ1 Fazer". That's kind of like saying "Ford Taurus deals price blow to Chevrolet Corvette"... they just aren't in the same class and shouldn't be compared as if they are. If anything I would say the CBF1000F is more of a competitor to something like the Bandit.

I like the integrated turn signals in the side fairing. Otherwise it seems to pull a lot of styling cues from the FZ but just doesn't put them together quite right in my opinion. But then again I am slightly bias.

I like the integrated turn signals in the side fairing. Otherwise it seems to pull a lot of styling cues from the FZ but just doesn't put them together quite right in my opinion. But then again I am slightly bias.

I'm not sure how visible those signals would be until I see them operate, but they could be good. I do see many cues from the FZ1 and perhaps a few from the FJR, but I agree (I'm not just a client, I'm also a member) the FZ1 has it licked.

I don't think this bike will see the US shores anyway, so it's a moot point for me. :ugh:

As much as I prefer the FZ1 to this Honda, I'd like to see more bikes like this hit the US. We need a bigger market of FZ1/FZ6 type bikes, not racer crotch rockets, but not cruisers. Fast, strong, agile, and comfortable bikes. Most people, where I live, like the big, lazy cruisers that handle like a Buick in a pig pen (or even Trikes :banghead:) and a few 600 crotch rocket squids. I'm happy for anyone to like what ever bike they want (trikes are not bikes!), but I sometimes wonder if this market is even known about or considered in many cases.

...As much as I prefer the FZ1 to this Honda, I'd like to see more bikes like this hit the US. We need a bigger market of FZ1/FZ6 type bikes, not racer crotch rockets, but not cruisers. Fast, strong, agile, and comfortable bikes. Most people, where I live, like the big, lazy cruisers that handle like a Buick in a pig pen (or even Trikes :banghead:) and a few 600 crotch rocket squids. I'm happy for anyone to like what ever bike they want (trikes are not bikes!), but I sometimes wonder if this market is even known about or considered in many cases.

I know what you mean, it is pretty much the same story around here, most riders either have a harley or a gixxer. At the same time, I kind of like it that way because my bike is unique. I have yet to see another FZ1 on the road and nobody ever knows what it is.

Back