How to clean outside of motorcycle engine

as weird as it sounds, I used armor all natural shine dash cleaner on my motor, and it worked really well. Did all hoses and all. When I bought the bike it was faded and looked terrible to me. spend a week of my downtime in my garage polishing everything. I think it turned out damn well. Headers were nastly also, used fine steel wool and water and rubbed the hell out of them.

motor still shining and not fading even after a few washes

Before (when purchased)

After

MAX-SC1-DET_is

Maxima SC1 Silicone Detailer - Street Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore

best stuff on the market

After you wash it and let it dry give the engine and frame a good spray with silicone. Silicone makes it nice and shiny and helps the muck wask of easily next wash. I've done this for years.

this is probably gonna sound a little weird. but try using Mr Sheen Original. dont get the citrus ones it has to be original. i use it on everything on my bike engine paintwork the lot. a light mist on the bike and use a microfiber cloth to wipe it off or spray directly onto the microfibre for those hard to reach places. you will spin out at how well it comes up haha.

just dont put it on your seat... unless you feel like riding from your pillion seat or rear cowl when you accelerate :).

7020291.jpg

I never noticed... I let the rain water clean my bike. Every time I get a cool new pattern on the finish of the bike too... :tup:

Seriously though... and I love that it also removes grease spots from laundry!! (I'm a messy eater...)

0413328.jpg

How about these painted gold rims?

Original Bike Spirits spray Cleaner & Polish. Spray Cleaner & Polish - Original Bike Spiritsâ„¢

Seriously, I do my routine at the carwash, then I come home and I will use/spray the polish/cleaner on my microfiber towel and wipe her down, then buff her out with another microfiber towel. Looks like new.

I used to detail cars, the key is you have to use a decent cleaner polish and then always buff it out with a really clean towel. If you leave any film of a cleaner/polish on it will usually white/gray up with a residue and look like crap, it's best to buff out as much as possible.

I ran out of Simple Green. Anything else work before I run to Autozone to shop Painted Rim Cleaners? I did spray McGuires Touch Up Detailer on a sponge, but I wore my arm off trying to get crap from the chain off my gold rim.

Nice

as weird as it sounds, I used armor all natural shine dash cleaner on my motor, and it worked really well. Did all hoses and all. When I bought the bike it was faded and looked terrible to me. spend a week of my downtime in my garage polishing everything. I think it turned out damn well. Headers were nastly also, used fine steel wool and water and rubbed the hell out of them.

motor still shining and not fading even after a few washes

Looks great.

Back