How to disconnect the O2 sensor

Skydancer

I got the Vcyclenut flash, in his notes said to disconnect the O2 sensor. I read somewhere to just loosen the connection on the header, which I did.

Can anyone here can tell me how to disconnect the O2 sensor? Is just loosening the connection on the header enough?

thanks!

Such an overwhelming response to my question lol! Hey don’t worry! Figured it out. Since most people here seem not to know how to do it, I’ll take this opportunity to tell you. You leave the O2 sensor in the header, ( as opposed to some who say just loosen it) you follow the wire up under the gas tank — yes, you must raise the tank. Then you unplug the connection. The unplugging part was the hardest took me 20 minutes to finally figure out how that connection, disconnected. I was about to just cut the wires.m, but patience prevailed.

The connector certainly looks very tricky to disconnect, however you only need to push the center tab upwards with a flat screwdriver and wiggle it loose. Took me some time to figure out as well. On my stock bike i had no error codes thrown at me after disconnecting, strangely.

Regards

Back