How-To REQUEST

I just purchased a 2002 FZ1 and the only thing that does not look to hot is the Yamaha logos on the tank:

2011-08-28100243.jpg

Anyone have a good way to clean this up?

I just purchased a 2002 FZ1 and the only thing that does not look to hot is the Yamaha logos on the tank:

2011-08-28100243.jpg

Anyone have a good way to clean this up?

By chance, is that "cleared over" or on top of the paint. I'm not sure if the previous owner did a custom thing or not but if it's NOT cleared over, you can take a hair dryer and easily remove it by gently heating it up and grabbing the edge with a exacto knife. Once you have hold of it just slowly keep peeling it off making sure that if it starts to feel too stretchy, remove the heat and let it cool a couple of seconds. If it's cleared over, unfortunately you'd have to have it removed by sanding the tank and re-painting it.

I think it is just the symbol, I don't think it is under a clear coat, but I could be wrong. From the factory does Yamaha clear coat over the emblems?

I think it is just the symbol, I don't think it is under a clear coat, but I could be wrong. From the factory does Yamaha clear coat over the emblems?

Yes they do. On the tank at least. But my 01' has the "YAMAHA" spelled out, not the Tuning Fork. I'm not sure if the 02' had the same or not. Maybe someone with an 02' could let us know. Does the tank appear to have been redone? It just looks really weird like someone tried to "marble-ize" it.

Back