Hyper Pro Steering Damper GB

Disco

I've got another awesome group buy for you guys!

Details when you click the link! Shoot me a line or leave a note in the thread if you have any questions.

Hey guys, here is some more information on these. We have heard nothing but good things about them so we are happy to be able to give you guys this discount.

THE HYPERPRO RSC IS THE ONLY ACTIVE DAMPER AVAILABLE

Hyperpro's RSC "Active" valving means that as steering speed increases, the damping automatically increases. Our "Active" technology is far beyond what any conventional aftermarket damper offers, and is a Hyperpro exclusive.

TRIPLE FUNCTION SEALS

Dust scraper and double (preloaded) oil seal, ensuring that dust cannot enter and oil cannot exit the damper at any time.

ADJUSTABLE DAMPING

Damping can be adjusted in a wide range, divided in 22 positions.

TWIN-TUBE DAMPING SYSTEM

This ensures that the clamping force of the tube-clamp does not obstruct the piston.

NITROGEN PRESSURIZED HEAT EXPANSION RESERVOIR

Gas pressure prevents the forming of air bubbles. Oil expansion due to temperature changes is compensated by the reservoir and does not influence damper performance.

ONE-PIECE PISTON ROD

Providing perfect alignment through the slide bearings and no excessive force on the piston.

LOW FRICTION DESIGN

8mm hard chromed piston rod with special surface treatment and special piston ring for smooth movement.

Active (RSC)
(Reactive Speed Control)

Is this model specific? Gen II only or do you have one available for the Gen I?

How many warm bodies to we need to have to be elligible?

Thanks,
Adam

I have one of these on my Gen II and highly recommend it. Here's what it looks like mounted:

IMG_0774.jpg

Is this model specific? Gen II only or do you have one available for the Gen I?

How many warm bodies to we need to have to be elligible?

Thanks,
Adam

Hi Adam,

We have kits available for the Gen I and Gen II FZ1's. Both options are available on CycleSector.com.

We need to reach 25 units for the deal to go through. We have 10 sold so far and 15 to go. This is across all the forums we have posted this on, not just to this message board. This deal is running until the 10th of August. We can start to order and ship as soon as we reach 25 units.

don't know why I didn't get the information before when I clicked on the link within the first page to check availability on what model years were available.

If you want to join the group buy, is it just notifying you and waiting until the 10th or do you purchase and then wait to see if the discount will be applied?

Thanks,
Adam

I've had bikes that needed and had steering dampers and never liked how it slowed the steering. If the front end's geometry is working properly on an FZ1, I just don't think a damper is needed. One of the first things I really liked about the FZ was how quick it was in tight and continuous curves. Flicking it back and forth through tight right and left handers makes it a pure joy to ride. I supose that there may be a few instances where due to tire pressure/compound combinations and the amount of preload in the tubes, the front end can get unruley, but my experience says leave the damper somewhere else, my bike is fine as it is.

I've had bikes that needed and had steering dampers and never liked how it slowed the steering. If the front end's geometry is working properly on an FZ1, I just don't think a damper is needed. One of the first things I really liked about the FZ was how quick it was in tight and continuous curves. Flicking it back and forth through tight right and left handers makes it a pure joy to ride. I supose that there may be a few instances where due to tire pressure/compound combinations and the amount of preload in the tubes, the front end can get unruley, but my experience says leave the damper somewhere else, my bike is fine as it is.

One of the great features the HyperPro active damper is that it adjusts for that feeling. Depending on the speed of the steering input, the valving adjusts. Turn the bars for a U-Turn and the damper is free and easy. When the inputs become too violent, the damper valving adjusts for the situation.

don't know why I didn't get the information before when I clicked on the link within the first page to check availability on what model years were available.

If you want to join the group buy, is it just notifying you and waiting until the 10th or do you purchase and then wait to see if the discount will be applied?

Thanks,
Adam

We are taking payments for the dampers at the discount price. We need to reach 25 but we have sold 11 so far. We have until the 10th to meet that quota. I am confident we will make it. If we do not reach that number we will be refunding every one their funds.

Thanks,

Anthony
Cycle Sector

So here are the differences between the Rotary Dampers and the Piston Type Dampers:

The big difference between the piston type dampers and the rotary dampers like the Scotts and GPR. Rotary dampers have a dead zone when the bars are centered or at 0. There is no dampening at this point and the damper needs to move to the left or right to start the dampening. The piston type dampers have no dead zone!!!!

The Active damper is a great feature. One of the biggest complaints is "Damper Drag" which is when a static damper creates a slow feeling in the bars. With the HyperPro, you can set the initial damping very low and have a barely noticeable dampening effect. When the fast inputs of head shake or a tank slapper come in, the damper compensates and kicks up the dampening effect to help save our butts!

I also learned some other cool things. These dampers come with a 2 year manufactures defect warranty. If there is anything wrong with the damper, you can send it in with your invoice and have it replaced. The mounts have a LIFETIME warranty.

Hyper Pro also two rebuild programs where you can either have yours rebuilt or you can go the "core charge" route and trade yours in for a rebuilt unit.

We have made it past 25! We are ordering up from Hyperpro for everyone that has come on board the GB. We will keep taking orders at 20% off until the 19th. This GB is good to go! If you were on the fence you can order with no worries.

Back