I bought a Helicopter!!!

Wow, very cool, those things are a blast.

When I was in Iraq the night shift guys would fly those in the rotunda of the Al Faw palace. If was really cool because the air was so still and the space was HUGE. Even the Forces CSM, and CG thought it was pretty cool.

This gives you an idea of the size of the space.

attachment.php

View attachment 8664

Last edited:
Good luck with that Scott ! I bought one for um, my son for christmas and although it's a blast it didn't last the day! lol

Hardwood floors don't agree with crashing the thing! :D

I have a bigger copter with almost enough spare parts to rebuild it. I've never been able to get it balanced to the point I could fly it though... This one doesn't have the counter-rotation dual rotors, just the single and a tail rotor. I don't have a large enough indoor space to try it. Any room in the house is too small with the rotor wash. It's great for finding ALL the dust in a room. :D When I'm back home, I will dig it out and get some pics of it up. Maybe someone here can help me get this craft to hover!

The one you bought Scotty is super fun! I've flown one of those once and found it a lot easier than my beast. :tup:

Congrats Scotty! That is a cool looking bird. Once you get it running you have to post some video. I love my copter although it's not as big as your is.

Here's mine:
IMG_2601.jpg

And here you can see the actual size:
IMG_2602.jpg

20120206_013557.jpg

I'm in the club!!
LOL
I was taking classes last year and some of the kids talked me into going into the local Hastings with them. There was one of these on display and we could check it out. It was so much fun that we all bought one.

I just ordered a 55" Cessna 182 Trainer for my first airplane on Saturday.
I have been using a RC Simulator on my PC for a week now so I'm hoping my
first flight wont be a total disaster....

Last edited:
I just ordered a 55" Cessna 182 Trainer for my first airplane on Saturday.
I have been using a RC Simulator on my PC for a week now so I'm hoping my
first flight wont be a total disaster....
Fixed wing is not that hard, first flight though I'd try with a friend with a buddy cable. It links both transmiters and lets the experienced flyer take over if/when it turns to S!!t. Need compatible transmiters though.

thats cool, a friend of mine recently got into flying these little things. I got one from a local department store. very very similar to the S107, and was really cheap. its been crashed dozens of times and still flies like new. I have been waiting on a 2nd one. I'm thinking larger, so i can take it outdoors, and definitely 2.4ghz rather than IR. These mini ones are great fun indoors though. I love it.

After flying mine around for a bit, my friend ordered a couple of his own. his are 4 channel and 2.4 ghz. a lot different than the 107's 3/3.5 ch. ir. I haven't got any pics of any of these so, sorry... but i have one that looks like a tiny Blackhawk too!.

I have two flight-worthy planes hanging in my basement, along with two works in progress. Engines under the work bench, radio in the box. I also have a helicopter sitting on the shelf. Haven't flow in over a year.

What I've found is that motorcycling conflicts directly with R/C flying. Both are best on warm, sunny days. R/C flying loses out, since it involves packing up my planes and other equipment, then driving out to my R/C club's flying field (where there is an awesome 400' paved runway, covered seating, and usually a lot of other pilots), and set up. Reverse all that when you're done and you can easily spend three hours at the field and only fly for one.

My son is getting old enough to try it out, so I haven't given up any of the equipment. Perhaps we'll get out there at some point this summer!

cool

Very cool. I have several models from E-Flite. I love them all, almost as expensive of a hobby as motorcycling. Check out Radd's Flight Theory, it is how I learned to fly collective pitch rc models.

Back