I want to ride in Texas hill country

The FZ6 - Forum crew is going to have its annual Leakey Tx camp out in October, either 2nd or 4th weekend of the month. I'll post the specific weekend this coming week once I can confirm my military schedule for October. Any of you FZ1ers are welcome to join us.

We'll ride the Twisted Sisters and try to do the Devil's Backbone too.

This years link:

2nd Annual FZ6 Forum Campout/Ride Feeler - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

Last years link:

Texas FZ6 Forum.com Three Sisters Campout Ride - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

Texas has a hill? :nana: :shoot: :poke: :p :jk:

:flip::flip::flip::flip:

The Lodges at Lost Maples is truly the ultimate hill country experience. The Lodges are located on RR337 between Vanderpool and Leakey in an area known as the "Swiss Alps of Texas". The rugged terrain and elevations as high as 2100 feet above sea level makes this area popular with recreational motorcyclists and bicyclists as well as those who enjoy sightseeing. With tall, dense, mature stands of Ashe juniper mixed with Texas Oaks and Lacey Oaks along the steep-sided canyons, this stretch of RR337 has been designated as one of the most popular scenic highways in Texas. So, whether a romantic getaway for two or a family fun-packed vacation, The Lodges at Lost Maples has something for everyone.

Texas has some respectable hills...particularly in the Hill Country. :shaking head:

Torquewhore, I'm not an aggressive rider, but if you still have your scoot (I saw it for sale) and want an easy ride near Austin, give me a shout.

Give me a shout if you are coming this way on the bike. There are some great rides - you could spend a week cruising the Hill Country. If I cannot ride with you, I can help a lot with routes. I've lived in Austin since 1977.

Back