icon helmets

anybody have them? if so, how do you like them? pros/cons?

i ordered the black airframe lifeform for $330 off helmetcity.com, you can get them for cheaper in solids and certain graphics, but most seem to go for $330
airframe-lifeform-black.jpg

THEN I GOT A PLEASANT SURPRISE when i got a call today from them saying that they made a mistake on the website listing it was in stock when i ordered it, but they were actually all out and wouldn't get any more for a few weeks. they upgraded me for free to the same model, the airframe, but the much lighter and higher priced carbon fiber model (priced at $515) for what i already paid ($330).
airframecarbon-black.jpg

airframecarbon-black-back.jpg

now that's taking care of your customers!

Nice to see you are bitching the gmax! This was all cause of seeing mine huh LOL

Will you have it for Sunday?

hahaha no, it's either the jmax or the hjc that i have to pick from for sunday. geno, your helmet was the inspiration for my purchase, but i really like the icon gear i have and wanted to try their higher end helmets, so no shoei or arai as of now, but this thing has mostly great reviews. however, i will be rocking the jmax for sunday, as this one is just shipping today. he said i should have it by tuesday. very excited, hope it lives up to the reviews and my expectations!

That's what I bought for my new helmet. I like it a lot! Although pros and cons, not sure yet because I've only worn it twice. it's low road noise, comfortable, vents well, that's what I have so far. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I bought for my new helmet. I like it a lot! Although pros and cons, not sure yet because I've only worn it twice. it's low road noise, comfortable, vents well, that's what I have so far. :)

missy- did you get the carbon fiber or just the regular airframe? most reviews were extremely good for the helmet. i love my icon gloves that i have used for a couple years now and my icon tank bag that i got this season. so it just made sense to me to try an icon helmet.

I got the carbon fiber airframe. Got it on closeout. Like I said, I like it a LOT so far, now that my bike is back I'll be able to give it a good testing. :)

Hey I like mine, little on the loud side but it vents great. Only thing I don't like is that the matte finish started coming off mine one day. I stress that it has never been dropped or miss handled in anyway but they wouldn't warrenty the finish of the helmet. I know the gloss doesn't have the lack of warrenty but CF is in a whole nother leauge. Hope Icon treats you well.

Hey I like mine, little on the loud side but it vents great. Only thing I don't like is that the matte finish started coming off mine one day. I stress that it has never been dropped or miss handled in anyway but they wouldn't warrenty the finish of the helmet. I know the gloss doesn't have the lack of warrenty but CF is in a whole nother leauge. Hope Icon treats you well.
that sounds crappy. i hope they treat me well too. you guys get the white or black carbon fiber? the white looks pretty cool, but my jacket is gray and black so for the sake of matching and the fact that i like the look of the black carbon fiber helmet better, i went with the black. hope it performs as well as it looks. they say the air flow is ridiculous and keeps you really cool on hot days

Nice helmet. Love the styling. Good job. Always nice to score a great deal.

yeah, i really like it. it's the first higher quality helmet i have ever had and i can really tell the difference between the hjc, kbc and jmax helmets i have had in the past. the airframe model really does move a lot of air and keeps you really cool. the fit is nice and comfy as well. my ony complaint is that the visor is difficult to change out. i had to send back the first one they sent me because the locking mechanism on the helmet broke while i was changing out the clear for the smoke shield. they paid for the return shipping and i got the new one which seemed to be a lot easier to change out the shields. that is really my only complaint. other than that the helmet is great and looks and functions awesome with the dark smoke shield.

I bought an Icon Mainframe Halo on close out For $99. I use it as a back up/daily commute for my Arai. I really like it.

sbr_reviews_icon_halo_2.jpg

Anti fog lens works great. FYI: I wear an Arai Med, Icon Small.

I got an older Icon with my Bike, it is the same size as my Scorpion, but is way looser of a fit, probably because I did not break it in myself, but I have also heard the Foam does not last as long as some other brands as well. Let us know how the helmet holds up after some use.

I have an Icon Mainframe in rubatone, The only thing I have had an issue with is the shield is a little finicky. If you don't get it locked in it will flip up on you when you turn your head at freeway speeds. I have had it apart a few times and still no luck sometimes it works others it doesn't. I bought an Arai Quantum II and love everything about it.

Back