Is a 52 litre top box too big??

speedjunkie

I'm planning a 3 day bike trip with a couple buddies and I am looking at a Givi 52 litre top box at a great price used. The thing is I find the box large for anything other then overnight rides. The PO is only asking $150 for the box and its supposed to be in great shape but my ideal size IMO would probably be in the 33-35 litre size which would be just large enough to put one helmet, lunches, and a few odds and ends inside. Does anybody here use a large box on a daily basis and if so how do you find it?? BTW I already have the base and brackets so there is nothing else I need.
cheers
Norm:sport12:

Makes a good beer cooler to, at the end of a days ride. Holds lots of ice and beer. My top loading side cases do that from time to time. A 52 L should hold two helmets and the price as Dustin noted is right!

I'd rather have the extra space and not need it, instead of strapping on more loose bags....

I have the side cases now, two 34L Monokey V35

Might add a top case later, but for just for me, these two cases plus a tank bag/tail bag (that I bought before the hard cases) make for an easy week long trip.

I leave my side bags on for commuting, perfect for holding two gallons of milk in each side, or whatever else the wife asks me to grab on the way home.

If I found a 52L for that price, I would have probably started there and added the side cases later.

I have a 34L topcase I got the package with a Gen 2 sw motech mounting bracket and adapter for $80. The topcase is kind of small. I find myself wanting a larger case often. But I couldn't pass up the deal.

Givi V46

I got a Givi v46 with my bike already installed. I didn't really want it but it was free. I have only used it once but it was great to have all that storage space. I usually have it removed and have a Cortech Dryver Tail Bag mounted on the platform for just daily running around. It's nice to be able to snap that pod on when needed!

Back