Ivans FCE

Hi crew,
Just got back from the Great Alpine Rd , that has to be the one of the best if not the best road in Victoria.
Anyway what i want to know is there a supplier in Melbourne for Ivans FCE have found out about the "magic " throttle connection lol.
Mine is an 06 with the airbox mod, K&n filter and now my new Two Brothers slip on ( Sounds magic ) but have all the problems of the banging when chopping the throttle and the lag .Also does the loom have to be cut and does it come with instructions .
Thanks in advance

Don't know if there is a supplier in Australia or not, but can answer your other questions. It does come with instructions and the loom does have to be cut. For the '06 bikes it's almost a mandatory mod. I have it on my bike and it totally eliminates the throttle snatch.

Hellgate (Pete) has also discovered that you can replace the stock ECU with one from a later model and almost eliminate the throttle snatch. If you can find one at the local motorcycle recycling yard, it might be had for short money and fix the problem for you. Worth a shot and might save you some cash!

Hi crew,
Just got back from the Great Alpine Rd , that has to be the one of the best if not the best road in Victoria.
Anyway what i want to know is there a supplier in Melbourne for Ivans FCE have found out about the "magic " throttle connection lol.
Mine is an 06 with the airbox mod, K&n filter and now my new Two Brothers slip on ( Sounds magic ) but have all the problems of the banging when chopping the throttle and the lag .Also does the loom have to be cut and does it come with instructions .
Thanks in advance

You need to order the FCE direct from Ivan in the States. Just ring them, Gina will answer the phone, tell her what you want and it will be at your door in a couple of days.

It is without doubt the best mod you can do to the 06 to fix the light switch fueling problem. I love it!! It makes the bike so smooth that you will not believe the difference. Just add a 16t sprocket to the rest of your mods and it's perfect!!

The number from OZ is 0011 1 (845) 268 1212.

Yes you have to cut certain wires to install it. Pretty easy though. Just make sure you solder the connectors to the wires as well as the crimping tool and connectors provided aren't that user friendly.

Good luck with it.

Yes you have to cut certain wires to install it. Pretty easy though. Just make sure you solder the connectors to the wires as well as the crimping tool and connectors provided aren't that user friendly.

Good luck with it.

Just a word of caution. You can solder the connectors to the bike side of the loom, but don't solder the connectors to the FCE loom. This will void the warranty. I know this sounds silly, but according to Ivan the guy that makes the FCE for him wont honor the warranty if the connectors are soldered. I don't know why that is, but it's the truth...

Just a word of caution. You can solder the connectors to the bike side of the loom, but don't solder the connectors to the FCE loom. This will void the warranty. I know this sounds silly, but according to Ivan the guy that makes the FCE for him wont honor the warranty if the connectors are soldered. I don't know why that is, but it's the truth...

I ended up soldering mine, but i brought the FCE 2nd-hand. The connectors are crap and the bike was cutting in and out. If your planning to add a PC3 or V i would do this first and see how the bike feels, i guarantee the bike will be 100% better= thats why Ivan trys to sell the PC3 & IM with the FCE because he knows this . Another tip is check the throttle cable and adjust if necessary & smaller sub-throttle plates. Personally i would'nt spend $250 on the FCE = thats the $ of a PC3 or V?. There are loads of riders that only have the PC3 and report no snatch= go figure?.

Back again all,
ll that can be said is Ivan is a bloody genius , the bike is like a 1000cc bike should be . Was worried that is was getting older and skills were fading , however it was the bike .
Can't believe how smooth the thing is .
best $250 i have EVER spent on a bike .
Thanks for all the advice crew.
PS the crimp tool is shit lol soldered all the connections not factory fitted

Looks like the FCE is a godsend for the 06 models.
I don't have anything to worry about on my 2010 model, the minimal snatch is similar to most other fuel injected bikes I have ridden or owned.
I'll be fitting a PCV soon though.

If you rock the twisties at high rpm you will definitely notice it in an '07.

If you rock the twisties at high rpm you will definitely notice it in an '07.

Only if you cut the throttle to zero. If you keep the bike rev'd and use the clutch and brake, it will never cut the fuel.

All the FZ1 Gen II bikes have a fuel cutoff. It is only the '06 that it was so evident on that warrants the need for Ivan's FCE or an upgraded factory ECU as Pete has discovered. the FCE will eliminate the fuel cutoff where the updated ECU will mask the effect to almost non-existent. :tup:

Back again all,
ll that can be said is Ivan is a bloody genius , the bike is like a 1000cc bike should be . Was worried that is was getting older and skills were fading , however it was the bike .
Can't believe how smooth the thing is .
best $250 i have EVER spent on a bike .
Thanks for all the advice crew.
PS the crimp tool is shit lol soldered all the connections not factory fitted

A mate has just picked up a 2011 Triumph Sprint GT with the 1050cc triple. These engines are "apparently" regarded as having one of the smoothest EFI systems compared to any other bike.

To be honest, compared to an FCE'd FZ1, they are a shocker!!
Think the FCE has spoilt me now in terms of what I will put up with in other bikes as far as engine fuelling goes!!

Now put a 16t on the front and a Speedo DRD and you won't look back!!

To be honest, compared to an FCE'd FZ1, they are a shocker!!
Think the FCE has spoilt me now in terms of what I will put up with in other bikes as far as engine fuelling goes!!

Well you're probably right because all modern FI bikes cut off the fuel completely when you close the throttle (and I bet most stick shift cars as well). This is done for emission purposes so unless you have a device such as the FCE you'll always feel the throttle "snatch" to some degree when getting back on the gas.

If you are an aggressive twisty rider, you will invariably need a FCE or a carbed bike. Running down from 80-90 mph to 40 mph at the Deals gap, you have to invariably cut the throttle at the apex even with all the braking you can do. For sweepers, FCE is no needed but for tight twisties, it is a god send. Here in TN the tight ones are all we get.

Although I noticed the jerky throttle response on my 2008 FZ1 as soon as I got it, my 2010 Speedmaster had it twice as bad. I learned to keep from dropping the throttle to "full-off" whenever shifting or letting off, keeping just a little bit off the absolute bottom and the snatching is much better.

On the 08s, the fuel turns back on at 6850 RPM. Assuming that you do not spend that much time off throttle above that RPM, then just tune the bike with one of Dukes free maps and see if you still feel you have a problem. I found once you have the AE correct, the later stock bike ride great. 06s are a different story all together.

Here is the data trace off my 08 with PC3 and LCD display.

http://www.ncs-stl.com/PowerCommander/FC_6850_RPM.jpg

AW

Last edited:
Here's another thought.

When I had my track bike dyno tuned we added 12 points of fuel to the "zero" throttle position. This really helps then you're in transition from trailing throttle to applying the throttle. It really makes a world of difference and the result of that map is a throttle is about perfect. The cool thing is if you already own a Power Commander you can try this out for free. :wilynily:

Back