Ivans FCE

Here's another thought.

When I had my track bike dyno tuned we added 12 points of fuel to the "zero" throttle position. This really helps then you're in transition from trailing throttle to applying the throttle. It really makes a world of difference and the result of that map is a throttle is about perfect. The cool thing is if you already own a Power Commander you can try this out for free. :wilynily:
How much does that increase your fuel usage?
The FZ1 is a thirsty one already :nerd:

Here's another thought.

When I had my track bike dyno tuned we added 12 points of fuel to the "zero" throttle position. This really helps then you're in transition from trailing throttle to applying the throttle. It really makes a world of difference and the result of that map is a throttle is about perfect. The cool thing is if you already own a Power Commander you can try this out for free. :wilynily:

Ok, so can you achieve the same results with a PCV by just adding fuel points to the "zero" throttle position as you would by installing Ivan's FCE? Thursday I'm either ordering an FCE or a PCV. I would obviously rather spend the money on the PCV if I can get the desired results that way, because it will be useful for other tuning purposes as well.

Can someone help me out here? My fizzy is a 2006 and the throttle snatch is just starting to feel dangerous at this point on the twisties...

Ok, so can you achieve the same results with a PCV by just adding fuel points to the "zero" throttle position as you would by installing Ivan's FCE? Thursday I'm either ordering an FCE or a PCV. I would obviously rather spend the money on the PCV if I can get the desired results that way, because it will be useful for other tuning purposes as well.

Can someone help me out here? My fizzy is a 2006 and the throttle snatch is just starting to feel dangerous at this point on the twisties...

You're correct, the '06 map is terrible, but it is much better than other FI bikes including the FZ6. Me, I went with a PC then bought a newer ECU, a '10, then had a custom map made. The throttle is perfect. I found the ECU in Finland on Ebay for $250 USD.

Here's one of a US '08 bike for $269. 06 08 10 YAMAHA FZ1 1000 ECU COMPUTER CDI ECM CLEAN 115 - eBay (item 370492020980 end time Apr-10-11 09:21:05 PDT)

How do I install Ivans FCE?

Hi guys. I just bought the whole nine yards from a guy for my 06 FZ1...yoshi, PCIII, FCE, etc. The only thing I don't have is the instructions for installing the FCE. Does anyone know where I can get instructions? I will call Ivan to see if I can get them if they aren't available anywhere else.
Thanks.

I own a 2008 ECU and also own Helgate's 2010 Euro ECU. I also own and run full time closed loop widebands with data logging. At one point I had an ECUnleashed hacked 06 ECU.

The FCE is the only known solution for the 06 ECU. I personally would pop of the latest ECU from Yamaha and skip the FCE. You still need the PC5 and then go to MAP based tuning to really sort one of these bikes out.

Beast

Last edited:
Beast:
I have a stock 2008 FZ1. Would there be any appreciable difference in using a 2010 or later ECU?

I found the difference between my 2008 US spec ECU and the 2010 Euro ECU to be noticeable but if you plan to do PC5 either way, the dif would not be worth the $500.

Different story if you have an 06 bike.

Beast

Back