Ivan's New ECU Flash Huge Difference

RCKing

I have just installed Ivan's new ECU Flash. I must say that my expectations have been surpassed. Here is a list of noticeable changes I've felt:

1. NEW - No requirement for a Power Commander 5; thus, saving you cash. New software has been developed to tune the ECU that much finer.
2. Simple instruction on Ivan's website on how to set your bike up for the flashed ECU.
3. The power is predictable and very linear.
4. Anything after 4500 RPM and the bike lights up all the way to red line.
5. There's no more vibration in the cowl; everything smoothed out.
6. No choppy throttle.

I must warn you though, that speeding tickets will be hard to avoid. The bike is so much more fun to ride now.

You must follow the instructions from Ivan's site and get your TPS reading at the proper voltage. If you are unsure how to do this, take it to someone who knows what they are doing.

All I can say is that I am impressed. I hope this helps.

Ride safe

I have a cyclenut tune and the bike is Very buzzy. I would not have expected this from a tune. What part of the country are you in? it would be interesting to ride back to back.
I may contact Ivan to hear what he thinks.
Anyone else want to chime in??

IronKev, can you better describe "buzzy" ?
I just installed a VC tune and buzzy never came to mind when driving.
Smooth power delivery from the bottom up with no real seat of pants increase in overall power is what I'm feeling.

I bought my bike used with the tune, so I can't really say what a stock bike feels like. I get a definite buzzing in the fairing and honking in the intake. I came of of years on ZRX1200R. The FZ1 has more HP, but lacks the TQ and the smoothness of the 1200 for sure. There's a lot more buzz in the bars for sure. Like 10 times the amount of the Kawi
I'm going to put a call into Ivan and see what he thinks

I have a cyclenut tune and the bike is Very buzzy. I would not have expected this from a tune. What part of the country are you in? it would be interesting to ride back to back.
I may contact Ivan to hear what he thinks.
Anyone else want to chime in??

If you come to my shop in person, you can sample it firsthand.

I have extra ecus and you can either try it in your own bike, or possibly try mine.

Ivan

IronKev, can you better describe "buzzy" ?
I just installed a VC tune and buzzy never came to mind when driving.
Smooth power delivery from the bottom up with no real seat of pants increase in overall power is what I'm feeling.
Then you should ask for a refund and get the Ivan's tune. Even the old tune with a PC, the difference was night and day. You get what you pay for.

Then you should ask for a refund and get the Ivan's tune. Even the old tune with a PC, the difference was night and day. You get what you pay for.
LIke I said, "I bought the bike used". I can't really ask for a refund. I know of Ivan's work as I have been on a ZRX1200R since 2005.

Last edited:
If you come to my shop in person, you can sample it firsthand.

I have extra ecus and you can either try it in your own bike, or possibly try mine.

Ivan
Thanks Ivan. Looks like you're about 100 miles from me . I would def. like to do this, check out your shop and meet a legendary tuner. Maybe I can ride up there this weekend.

Thanks

I’m tempted to do this ECU flash myself. My bike is completely stock and I do not plan to do any other exhaust or engine upgrades. I’m wondering if it’s worth it on an otherwise stock bike?…

Also the downtime is another reason I’m hesitant at the moment…

Back