JOTR's 2014 Race Season

Round 2 this weekend. Once again at NJMP but this time on Lightning. I've only ridden on it once before, like 3 years ago. It should be interesting to see how well I do. Hoping my rear tire has 2 days left in it, I may have to flip it.

Billy I'll process in higher Res this time.

Round 2 this weekend. Once again at NJMP but this time on Lightning. I've only ridden on it once before, like 3 years ago. It should be interesting to see how well I do. Hoping my rear tire has 2 days left in it, I may have to flip it.

Billy I'll process in higher Res this time.

Nice! I'm coaching BRC this weekend.. so can't make it out there, much as I would love to. I actually really like Lightning track. My next track day is on Lightning on June 10th. Good luck!

I have done a horrid job of updating. Have a bunch of video's but haven't posted. Most of which are Jerzy. lost my video of the other tracks. In this series I have locked up 3 rd place in Super Sport and will finish Superbike in 4th, 5th or 6th depending on the 13th's out come. My riding has come miles this year and I can see where I can improve. I'll be full on CCS next year with hopes of being very competitive in Rookies Cup and Formula 40.

I have not been riding street much, less than ever. This may even be the year my street riding come to a end. It seem every time I do ride street, I have a incident with a car. I can't tell you how much safer I feel on the track. I can't put into words how much racing and track riding has improved my riding. At the same time when I do ride the street I feel claustrophobic.

Outstanding results, John!
If I could get as many track days in as you, I'd consider giving up street riding too.. maybe. I do prefer to commute by bike, but taking up track has pretty much killed the *fun* of riding on the street for me. It's strictly transportation now. I must admit though.. I do not feel safer on the track. Maybe it's because I never push my limits on the street.. maybe it's the MSF training.. (not just knowing the strategy, but always applying it).
Good luck on 13th!! (hope to be there and watch your race in person)

In this series I have locked up 3 rd place in Super Sport and will finish Superbike in 4th, 5th or 6th depending on the 13th's out come. My riding has come miles this year and I can see where I can improve. I'll be full on CCS next year with hopes of being very competitive in Rookies Cup and Formula 40.

Well done Johnny...I hope to get more days back onthe track with the Fizzer, but balancing time between offroad, streetriding and track is difficult (oops I again forget the family :eek: )

Had a disappointing end to my season. Had some bike issues (listed below) that I hadn't figured out until the end of the season. In SuperSport I "had"3rd locked up. Well I guess I was wrong. I ended up 4th for the season and 5th in Superbike. Well here is some bid's. Cant wait for CCS next year.

Video from Matt Littrel's bike. This weekend I had over heating issue's, Front end chatter from loose steering bearings and my hydraulic preload adjuster shit the bed so no rear preload.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLP2F5blwj8&list=UUe7gBaBtKZy4-9oBiIug5OQ

Bill Sink is sort of the club president and former AMA guy. He'd decided to grid up on his dead stock (except for pirelli DRC's) Kawi 650R. Proves its not the bike but the rider.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrUyR2ebjWo&list=UUe7gBaBtKZy4-9oBiIug5OQ

4th and 5th is nothing to sneeze at.. well done! Watching sink.. I cannot begin to figure out how he consistently overtakes riders on the inside line in T5... damn AMA racers! I got to ride with Bostrom for a bit.. the combination of his speed and smoothness.. just ridiculous.

Back