Kansas City

Good rides? When? Where?

Time any nice day out, and there are lots of KC rides but two that I have been looking @:

kc to Alma ks

highway 10 to Lawrence
highway 40 to Topeka
highway 4 to escridge
highway 99 to alma

@ Alma old k10 or skyline rd are both really twisty for kansas.

4 to 6 hours total

KC to Unionville mo

That track has lots of twisters if you look at a map around Milan mo. The rolling hills in Northern mo are really cool.

4 to 6 hours total.

And then of course there is southern mo, northern Arkansas but that is a bit further more of a two day ride.

I am heading to my parents house for the holiday weekend, and i will let you know how the ride is heading north through Milan mo. it should be sweet. :):):)

If you are interested and want to go for a ride let me know. I don't ride crazy fast, I am still learning, I have been riding for about 10 year but this is my first sports bike so you would have to take it easy on me.

Those do sound like good rides. I mainly just ride to work and back. I would appreciate a ride now and then, however, I want to get a radiator/cylinder head issue fixed and then go for it.

I rode back in high school and college before this bike (which I bought in January and have rode 90% of the days to and from work). After these heat indices of 100-110 I am ready for the cooler weather. I have been to 100 but most of the days I ride the speed limit. I enjoy twisties as long as I remember to keep my eyes on the road.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

As for twisties, you are better to head into northern Arkansas. Old K10 was not anything I recall wanting to break the speed barrier on, but then they might of repaved it since then.

btw, grew up in Wichita, went to KU an lived in JO. CO. When the farthest housing development was right around hwy 69 and 135th.

Welcome to the board!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

As for twisties, you are better to head into northern Arkansas. Old K10 was not anything I recall wanting to break the speed barrier on, but then they might of repaved it since then.

btw, grew up in Wichita, went to KU an lived in JO. CO. When the farthest housing development was right around hwy 69 and 135th.

Welcome to the board!

Thanks BroHay, small world... Nothern Arkansas is a bit of a ride from here, a good 3 hours, I have been looking for some rides around here. Though nothing special but it something to ride on with a few twisties, and no traffic. I found a few good places in northern mo, that's on my way to my parents house, real roller coasters. :)

Back