ktm 1190 adventure

hello aussies is the new 1190 out in your country and has anyone taken one for a ride the bike looks fantastic wp seems to have put together a nice suspension a 2up touring/sportbike brilliant!

Sucks that KTM is dropping the Supermoto T, I really really like mine and would love to have it with the 1190.
The Adventure is just too tall for my liking and if I want real adventure off road my KLR works just fine.

Thanks Bender I would not be taking it offroad .But I bet it would make a great touring bike I love the idea of being able to change the suspension on the fly

No worries mate.
It does sound really good also i read a right up in a bike mag and they thought it was fantastic.
KTM sound like they are really getting their act together they have the new 1290 Super Duke coming out next year plus a 390 sports bike and it's real light.

Haven't taken one for a ride yet, but all reports seem favourable. The only real concern I'd have would be buffeting from the screen.....for some reason bike reviewers never go into too much detail about screens.

I am interested in the new 1190 adventure as well and have read some threads over at the ADV forum of new owners and there seem to be a few concerns. It seem the springs on the kickstand and or center stand are weak and have come off at speed on the road, also there seems to be some concern regarding the location of the air filter. It seems the hardcore off-road guys are worried about sucking water into the engine. There seem to be one or two more but they escape me right now. I would like to see yamaha put that new triple in the super 10, that might be interesting?

Back