Laptop Driver

This blew me away.

I see people reading phones, texting, talking on phones without Hands Free items every single day, it is too much to document, and I am sure I would see more if I took the time to look in every single window of every car I pass, which I just do not do.

But sometimes, something catches my eye and I slow down and take a peek.

I have seen People using Tablets, Putting on make-up, shaving, and even once I saw a guy eating a bowl of Cereal, one hand holding the bowl, the other holding the spoon.... but at least he was looking at the traffic ahead of him, not this driver:

https://youtu.be/3LpHJriANZs

Holy crap!!!

She put the thing away when I slowed down for a second look and pretended to not see me....

What on earth could be so important on that Laptop that both hands need to be on it and one needs to be staring at the screen while driving?

Now that's something that I've never seen before! They should have a hotline where you can send a video link to that shows their license plate so that the driver can be summons for their super lack of judgement. That idiot is going to hurt or possible kill themself or someone else one day driving like that. The cops can't be everywhere to find these knuckleheads.

The cops can't be everywhere to find these knuckleheads.

That is part of the problem, it is so easy to pick up a (insert whatever is distracting) to use for just a few moments and then put it right back down that catching those who do it is very difficult.

As far as submitting video. I asked the CHP via their contact us page :

I ride with a GoPro everyday and often times see people texting and Driving. If i produce video footage for the CHP is it of any benefit to you? I imagine the department is unable to issue any fines from the video footage, but would it help in any way to have such footage?

This was the reply:

A peace officer cannot make an arrest or issue a citation for a misdemeanor or infraction not committed in their presence. With that in mind, there is no enforcement action the California Highway Patrol can initiate against the drivers of the vehicles in your videos. If you observe dangerous driving, you can dial 911 on your cellular phone to report it to the CHP while it is occurring.

Thank you for contacting the California highway Patrol.

I am not sure pulling over to the shoulder so I can call the CHP is going to do any good in these type of situations.

Back