Latest pics of my FZ1N

Here are a couple of pics of my FZ1N that I took today after a ride through the Royal National Park to Austinmer.
Three of us from work go every week as we are lucky enough to work afternoon shift and have plenty of time in the morning to go riding when traffic and cops are at a bare minimum.
I have now got an Akrapovic Carbon hex slip-on and have ditched the stock mirrors for some CRG Hindsight copies.
I might chop 4' off the muffler at a later date but for now I'm pretty happy with it's sound and look.
Please have a look and see what you think.

FZ1-Forum1.jpg

FZ1-Forum2.jpg

She's a Beauty

Looks great! I can only dream of a day like that now. Just a suggestion, but buy some frame sliders, they will save you a lot of grief should you drop that nice looking machine, and they are cheap.

Looks great! I can only dream of a day like that now. Just a suggestion, but buy some frame sliders, they will save you a lot of grief should you drop that nice looking machine, and they are cheap.

Funny you should mention the frame sliders as I am expecting delivery of some any day now :tup:

Wow! Outside of the US, you all get some great color schemes and a lot better options! We cannot get the N, we have to convert the S model! That is a GREAT looking ride! :tup: I think I'd cut down the Akra as well. ;)

The bike is looking very nice Ballmead. I love the two tone paint scheme and good choice of pipe. I have the Akrapovic slip on as well.

The bike is looking very nice Ballmead. I love the two tone paint scheme and good choice of pipe. I have the Akrapovic slip on as well.

Thanks mate. I had an Akra on my old K6 GSX-R1000. They are a tad long but they sound awesome, are a quality item and put out some good hp numbers.
A few people have said that they are a bit quiet but I haven't found that at all.
They are night and day compared to the stock pipe. They have a nice deep but smooth sound and I much prefer it over my Mivv Suono. That pipe was just way too loud without the db killer installed.

couple of questions...
- what year is it? What does the "N" represent?
- do you have a build thread?
- What type of headlight is that?
- Is that the stock tail modified? How did you do it?

Nice looking btw! Hope mine turns out just as nice

couple of questions...

Looks like an 06, the 'N' stands for Naked model.
The headlight is standard on the 'N'.
All is stock apart from the mirrors, muffler and screen.

couple of questions...

It's a 2010 FZ1N. N as in naked
No builld thread because I bought it brand new like that
The headlight is stock from the factory floor
The tail is also stock from the factory floor
We have both models here in Australia, the faired version FZ1S and the naked version FZ1N

I took a couple of pics of the bike today.
I finally got my seat back from John Moorhouse Ergo Seats in QLD. (Australia)
The seat has been reshaped and the foam has been replaced with a harder denser type of foam.
Apparently it will take 1000-1500 klms to break in.
I have now shortened my Akrapovic muffler by 80mm or just over 3".
I didn't want to go any further as I didn't want it to be too loud.
It's definitely deeper sounding now but I'm yet to take it for a ride to properly ascertain it's true sound.
I also fitted some CRG Arrow bar-end mirrors with Rhinomotor bar ends.
Just a heads up for you naked owners, the bar ends are different to the fared model. I used Yamaha R1 bar-ends from Rhinomoto and they fit perfectly.
I had previously bought the 16mm threaded ones for the fared FZ1 which did not fit. Rhinomoto were pretty cool about it and let me exchange them for the R1 bar-ends.
Anyway here a few pics:

fz13.jpg

fz11.jpg

fz12.jpg

fz14.jpg

fz15.jpg

Hi,
Still love the look of your bike, that colour scheme is very classy !

Just a couple of questions :-

How did you cut your pipe ? - You must have drilled out the end cap rivets, then re-drilled your new end to the pipe.

What difference in noise is there from shortening the can 80mm ? i've got a standard length Akra, and must admit, even with the baffle out it sounds a bit tame !

Hi,
Still love the look of your bike, that colour scheme is very classy !

Just a couple of questions :-

How did you cut your pipe ? - You must have drilled out the end cap rivets, then re-drilled your new end to the pipe.

What difference in noise is there from shortening the can 80mm ? i've got a standard length Akra, and must admit, even with the baffle out it sounds a bit tame !

Thanks mate, here is the link where I got the idea from:
ShortenAK just follow the instructions.
It's not that difficult, I used a 1mm disk on a 115mm angle grinder and it worked a treat.
It's definitely louder (and deeper) but not offensively so. I need to take the bike out for a proper spin first to really get an idea of how loud it is.

I've now taken the bike on a few rides and the 3" shorter Akra is slightly deeper sounding but hardly louder. I am absolutely stoked with the result as I didn't want an overly loud or droning exhaust.
The bike now looks and also sounds awesome too, I love it.

Did you have any problems installing the mirrors? I have some CRG mirrors and can only use the clutch side. When I tried to install the throttle side mirror it seemed to make the throttle stick. Any suggestions? Did you have to change your bar ends to make them work or were you able to use the stock Yamaha bar ends?

thanks,

al

Back