Latest rnicky mouse lowside

Black R1 lowsides. I didn't really see what caused it. Maybe too much bike lean on cold tires? Not sure.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1bYtEBWj6Q]R1 Lowside Crash 2/3/2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Good form, bad outcome. Good example of need for proper clothing. Those shoes were worthless and bluejeans, no way. Hard to see what happened, he just seems to have washed out.

AS I just learned from my ARC class the guy did not have proper body position. He looks like a new rider trying to stiff arm push the bike through the corner, it increased his lean angle and he lost traction. He needed to get loose on the bars, bend his elbows, lean forward chin over wrist and the bike would stay more upright thereby increasing traction.

If you watch the guys that just burn up that corner, they all lean chin over wrist, hang a cheek off the seat and have great throttle control.

p.s. some people blamed the hot girl for taking his picture, she might make me crash too. :cloud9:

Last edited:
I realy think this guy should find himself a new spot... or am i the only one who got bored of bikes going up and down the same road every time...

He needed to get loose on the bars, bend his elbows, lean forward chin over wrist and the bike would stay more upright thereby increasing traction.

First thing he needed was to get some proper riding gear, then some visdom .

AS I just learned from my ARC class the guy did not have proper body position. He looks like a new rider trying to stiff arm push the bike through the corner, it increased his lean angle and he lost traction. <SNIP>

Troy Bayliss might disagree with you on the "correct" body position to have when riding a motorcycle :)

The front just seemed to tuck after he adjusted his lean angle a little bit more. That corner seems to take out a hell of a lot of people, maybe it's really slippery or has positive camber?

Troy Bayliss might disagree with you on the "correct" body position to have when riding a motorcycle :)

The front just seemed to tuck after he adjusted his lean angle a little bit more. That corner seems to take out a hell of a lot of people, maybe it's really slippery or has positive camber?

Perhaps but watch the other rnickeymouse videos of the riders that don't crash on there (adeysworld, johnny5, 31200mulholland, madmax) and most of them are off the seat, elbows bent and relaxed, leaning forward. The only other difference is that some of them are running race tires and are going a lot faster. If you watch most of the guys that do crash they are stiff arming it, while just leaning laterally, not forward, chin over wrist.

I'll take a look at Troy Bayliss stuff if you have a particular title in mind.

OK, I just watched it a dozen more times. At the moment before he started to go down, he started to go wide slightly and instead of counter steering he does make a slight turn of the bars in.

Last edited:
Perhaps but watch the other rnickeymouse videos of the riders that don't crash on there (adeysworld, johnny5, 31200mulholland, madmax) and most of them are off the seat, elbows bent and relaxed, leaning forward. The only other difference is that some of them are running race tires and are going a lot faster. If you watch most of the guys that do crash they are stiff arming it, while just leaning laterally, not forward, chin over wrist.

I'll take a look at Troy Bayliss stuff if you have a particular title in mind.

Classic pic of the crossed up style of Troy Bayliss.

All I'm saying is you don't have to have text book form to be fast.

troy-bayliss-sparks-wallpaper-281208-1280_zps899dc7ac.jpg

Analize it al you like, he lost grip when going slow. That is why he fell. New tires with 60psi? Armor All on tires? Whatever he was going way too slow to fall if things were right. Learn to ride on the dirt and you will react to things going wrong way faster.

Classic pic of the crossed up style of Troy Bayliss.

All I'm saying is you don't have to have text book form to be fast.

Agreed, but how is he really crossed up when his body is still hanging off the bike. The dude looks too short to really cause a significant shift in weight by his crossed up approach.

Another point, the inside elbow is bent. The dude that went down was upright and stiff arming the bars. If you think that it works well to take a corner like that go out there and do it yourself and come back with results. I've tried both ways and will tell you that the stiff arm approach is a lot more effort and less effective because the bike dives deeper into a lean angle that will reduce the amount of grip. .

Back