Lawst Caws Frame Plugs

I looked around and listened to some of the horror stories about the E-Bay plugs that are out there for around $16.00. I did not really want to pay $25.95 plus shipping for 4 pieces of plastic & rubber. Searched my local hardware stores and wasted $5.00 on stuff from said hardware stores that did not work. Patience not being my strong suit, I finally broke down and Ordered the Lawst Caws frame plugs from Search results- Tobefast
and payed the money. They do actually work. The two small ones just slide snugly in. I used a couple of dabs from a hot glue gun to make sure they stayed put. The large one for the right lower hole is of the same design as the two small ones and went in very snugly about 1 mm shy of flush, and was given the same hot glue securement (which I doubt it really needed). The bottom left side was of a different design; shaped like a mushroom, the center "stalk" the size of a nickle with adhesive on it. The sticky is covered with a paper protector as with any decal. It seemed a bit flimsy for such an expensive little part. This is meant to stick to the flat top of the swingarm bolt and does at the perfect length. For my own piece of mind I put a small ring of hot glue in the center and one around the inside of the big plastic disc where it would meet the frame. Within minutes it was very solid and secure.

I had a brief ride of about an hour and the plugs made it home with the FZ. Perhaps it wasn't a Lawst Caws after all. If you have the cash to blow and the holes really bother you asthetic sensibilities then yes they are worth it.
This is how they come shipped:
Frameplugsbox.jpg

They are glued to the paper with two small dabs of glue each:
frameplugsinpackage.jpg

How they look :
sidedetail.jpg

rightreardetail.jpg

Lee good to hear that these fit like they're supposed to. It's worth paying a little extra in that case. From what I am hearing from you the "cheap" ones I got just needed that piece of double sided tape on the lower left plug to make it work. Small detail they forgot...Luckily I was able to modify it by trimming down the part that protruded and them building it back up using epoxy so that it fit inside the hollow part of that long swing arm bolt. So far it's been holding just fine.

Knowing that all Gen II frames are identical, I ordered a set of plugs from D2MOTO.com, despite their website saying, "fits 2006-2007". The plugs arrived; 3 fit, the 4th, for the large, left-side hole (swingarm bolt) isn't shaped correctly so it doesn't work. I contacted D2MOTO to let them know of the problem; they asked what year my bike is. I told them it's a 2008, but that ALL Gen II frames are identical. Predictably, they replied that if fits the 2006 model, and said they'd issue me a partial refund. I told them I'd send back the non-fitting plug, if they'd send me the correct one.

In my reply, I again informed them all Gen II frames are the same, blah blah. They said these are the only plugs they have. I asked them if they planned to continue advertising/selling these plugs now they know the left-side plug doesn't work on any year Gen II frame. I'm currently waiting for their reply.

Back