Led lights

Ok Ok I'm sure this has been asked I am currently changing over my tail light and signals over to LED. So here's my ??? do your have to put resistor on them I know the reason is to slow the flash rate but is that all it's for or will it hurt the electrical system if I don't.

Customled.com sells an electronic flasher relay that is plug and play on the FZ1.

It will eliminate the need for resistors (and the energy waste that comes with them) for $20.

Sent from Tapatalk on my Note 4.

I have changed all four turn signals with flash-mount-led-cheap-ebay turn signals. (i have to change them again, very very poor quality and some leds have stopped working...)
With the oem tail light on there was a fast blinking rate but since i installed the autodynamics led tail light everything works as it should.

I'm in the process of installing the Yamaha LED lights. Good quality and good looks. Hopefully finish it off tomorrow and get some pics and vid to put up. I went the plugin replacement flasher relay to avoid using the resistors on Ballmeads guidance. So far so good.

Just finished my install. I also bought a set of these adaptors so I could leave the original Yamaha connectors on in case I ever want/need to put the original indicators back on.

Yamaha Motorcycle Indicator LED Turn Signal Adapter Leads Block Connectors | eBay

The only issue I had was the shaft from the LED was too long for the left hand indicator on my Naked bike and pushes the housing out (also rubs on the wires), so I will carefully cut the bolt shorter (other option is to add a spacer to the outside (too easy and will look bad).

Attachments

• LED.jpg
    LED.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 20150203_175719.jpg
    20150203_175719.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 113
Back