LED tail/brake light bulb review

So I bought a pair off ebay, they were $15, I should have looked to see if you could get singles but I was in a rush. My son and I switched the bulbs back and forth 2X to best determine which one was brighter.

The LED is definitely brighter but only by 15% for the brake light and maybe 20%+ when just "on" if you look at it from an angle.

I had the "bright" idea of taking pics but they really do not tell the whole story hard to tell brightness by them.

The LED has a projector on the end. the light it cast directly back was more like 30-35% brighter on my door directly behind the bike than the stock which just kind of illuminated the tail light lens. This will project brighter light to the car right behind you. When we switched it back to stock the door was definitively less illuminated. Definite improvement over stock and I like that as soon as I brake it is at full illumination instantly. There is a slight hesitation, ever so brief but one can see it, before the stock bulb gets to full illumination. That brief hesitation at 70 MPH would equate to a fair amount of distance traveled so every advantage no matter how small.

Anyway here is a pic of the tail light on and brake for both.

I wanted to be seen more and this helps. I bet if I paid more I could have gotten even brighter bulbs but these will work for now. LED headlights next?

Attachments

• stock vs LED.jpg
    stock vs LED.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 74
Being seen better is always good.

When the bulbs in my rear lights fail I will consider some LED's in my Gen 1.... Since they are not blinking lights does one need to worry about anything inline with the power, or can you just replacement and go?

Being seen better is always good.

When the bulbs in my rear lights fail I will consider some LED's in my Gen 1.... Since they are not blinking lights does one need to worry about anything inline with the power, or can you just replacement and go?

replace and go. no need for resistor if it is not flashing.

Back