Looking for a footrest spring

banzai

The spring in my left footrest spring has broken :(

Any of you guys who have changed your rearset or footrests interested in doing a deal? The parts catalogue doesn't show the spring by itself and I don't know how common they are.

ghetto_d

you may try a hardware store; grab a generic spring. i've got a set of rearsets i took off, but am trying to sell them as a whole at this point. :/

banzai

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Yamaha, in their wisdom, doesn't make it easy to pull the footrest assembly apart. The pin that goes through the footrest and spring is basically a long cold rivet and I'll have to grind or file it off. That still applies if I decide to buy those eBay footrests or if I can find just the springs. :( At least the pin on the eBay ones uses a C clip that is easy to fit, remove and replace.

Partshark sells the assemblies at US$30 and change per side or close enough to Aus$40. Local Yamaha dealers want A$107 for the left side and A$106 for the right side. Buggered if I know how that price difference can be justified. Shipping from Part Shark will cost about the same as the parts. :( :(

Bluey

Hi Banzai, I have the parts you need. I replaced my foot pegs after they got ground down a little.
image.jpg
As you have found the only come as a complete set but it is very easy to grind the pin off and have an alternate attachment.
image.jpg
So I have the parts you need left over. Just pop me a PM and I'll send them too you.
image.jpg