Looking for a footrest spring

banzai

The spring in my left footrest spring has broken :(

Any of you guys who have changed your rearset or footrests interested in doing a deal? The parts catalogue doesn't show the spring by itself and I don't know how common they are.

you may try a hardware store; grab a generic spring. i've got a set of rearsets i took off, but am trying to sell them as a whole at this point. :/

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Yamaha, in their wisdom, doesn't make it easy to pull the footrest assembly apart. The pin that goes through the footrest and spring is basically a long cold rivet and I'll have to grind or file it off. That still applies if I decide to buy those eBay footrests or if I can find just the springs. :( At least the pin on the eBay ones uses a C clip that is easy to fit, remove and replace.

Partshark sells the assemblies at US$30 and change per side or close enough to Aus$40. Local Yamaha dealers want A$107 for the left side and A$106 for the right side. Buggered if I know how that price difference can be justified. Shipping from Part Shark will cost about the same as the parts. :( :(

Hi Banzai, I have the parts you need. I replaced my foot pegs after they got ground down a little.
image.jpg
As you have found the only come as a complete set but it is very easy to grind the pin off and have an alternate attachment.
image.jpg
So I have the parts you need left over. Just pop me a PM and I'll send them too you.
image.jpg

Back