Looking into the FZ1

Hey errybody!! lol
I defected (not completely) from the FZ6 forum.
I just sold my 2002 R1 and I really miss the grunt of the 20valve. logically the FZ1 was the "happy medium" between the FZ6 and the YZF-R1....

My real question is, anyone within the sate of Georgia, or within reason, with a second gen FZ1, willing to meet me for lunch or something and let me get a decent feel for the big brother FZ? since selling my R1 I have considerably more $$ than I paid for it and am looking at also considering selling my 2005 FZ6 for the FZ1....

Hey errybody!! lol
I defected (not completely) from the FZ6 forum.
I just sold my 2002 R1 and I really miss the grunt of the 20valve. logically the FZ1 was the "happy medium" between the FZ6 and the YZF-R1....

My real question is, anyone within the sate of Georgia, or within reason, with a second gen FZ1, willing to meet me for lunch or something and let me get a decent feel for the big brother FZ? since selling my R1 I have considerably more $$ than I paid for it and am looking at also considering selling my 2005 FZ6 for the FZ1....

D'oh! I was just in Daytona with my FZ1, for over a week.. definitely would have let you have a go. (not exactly next door, but relatively close)

My last superbike was a '98 R1, and my 10 plate is a superb alternative, especially when you tune it up a bit.

You'll love it I'm sure!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Since you are a Yamaha fan, the logical choice would be the FZ-1. It should also be the emotional favorite.

As you have the budget you might look for a new leftover 2012 or 2013. They should retail for around $7k or less. A dealer might have a used one in his fleet you can test ride, especially if you show up on an FZ6 looking to trade up. The FZ6 will not last long up for sale, they are very much sought after like a classic SV650.

Back