Lowered Foot Pegs

Thanks for the link Gerry. It seems much easier doing it this way than transplanting the Buell pegs. With those there is modifications you have to do to keep the "spring action". With your link it's pretty much an easy swap. Thanks again!:)

I like those but I think I'd like to see something with a little more bite to the sole of the boot. Those look like the bumps are a little too smooth and might be very slippery when wet.

Great design though, as Billy mentioned. Not a lot of work to make these fit and work properly. :tup:

Lowering your pegs?, most of us raise them for ground clearance. Good luck

How's the vibration

I see that the knights are all metal. No rubber. I'm a old dude too! LOL. The peg vibration is pretty disturbing to me and I'm worried that all metal would greaten the vibration. What's your thoughts? I just got mine yesterday and in my 30 minute ride home I've already ordered a new (for my old dude elbows) and think a lower footpeg would be prefect.

Yamaha Aftermarket Parts - Knight Design - FZ1 Footpegs
I am 6 ft 2 with bad knees, I purchased the one inch lowered pegs from Knightdesign, I am now comfortable for extended periods. These are very well made and simple bolt on. The fz6 pins work also as you must drill out the stock fz1 pins. Their customer service is excellent.

Thanks for the link, I might order some standard pegs, as I prefer the more solid feel without the rubber like the stockers.

I've got a set of Knight 1" lower peg, in gold, for sale. Liked them, but w/my custom Russell Day Long saddle, they don't feel good. Anyone want to buy 'em? They were on the bike for about 50 miles.

I see that the knights are all metal. No rubber. I'm a old dude too! LOL. The peg vibration is pretty disturbing to me and I'm worried that all metal would greaten the vibration. What's your thoughts? I just got mine yesterday and in my 30 minute ride home I've already ordered a new (for my old dude elbows) and think a lower footpeg would be prefect.

Just for anyone stumbling across this thread. they DO now offer Rubber!
KD Yamaha FZ1 Lowered Rubber Foot Pegs

Back