Lumpy idle issue: power commander related?

Hey guys,

So I picked up my 2008 FZ1 a couple weeks ago. Previous owner installed k&n filter, 2 brothers exhaust and power commander. He also had bike dyno tuned by a local shop. After warming up/riding for a bit the bike tends to have a strange idle at stoplights that sounds somewhat like a cammed small block Chevy. It doesn’t seem to affect riding/performance, but I’m curious if anyone else has experienced something similar? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

I kind of have the same issue...

Yoshi slip-on and AIS removal had me adjusting the idle up several hundred rpm's. After the bike is warmed up, it will very occasionally give me a slightly lumpy idle. I should probably get the ECU flashed but moving soon so it's going to have to wait...

If I were in your spot, I'd talk with the shop about it and see what they think.

Hey Doc,
I just got the bike inspected the other day and the mechanic told me it’s something he’s seen/heard of before. He didn’t seem to be too concerned about it though, but I’m wondering if maybe I get one of Ivan’s map updates will resolve the issues? Not really trying to get too carried away w/it and make things worse…

Back