M.o.t.

stonesie

Just wondering if any gen2 riders have had an mot yet, mines due in october . ive made some mods but i hav'nt knocked my cat out, does any one know if the planned new emmisions laws come into effect or were they scrapped?

What does M.O.T. mean?

ministry of transport, its an anual roadworthyness test in the uk. new bikes are exempt for the 1st 3 yrs so early gen2's will be due around now! there was talk of strickter emmision laws for vehicles built after 2006 but some people think this fell through. i was hopeing someone might have had a recent test and might know what to expect!

Im hopeing not! if i can't find out about the emissions i will put things back to standard for the test. i will have to replace the bearings on the rear suspension linkage, after riding through the winter water has got passed the dust seals and hardend the grease. ive regreased them but there is some play in the swinging arm so it would fail Mot on this!!!

such discussions are now ongoing in Belgium/europe to have bikes checked MOT. But Motorcycle action groups are protesting as this would limit the option for an owner to mod their bike....

In Albuquerque, you have to obtain an emissions test to register your vehicle. Not sure if the same applies for motorcycles. In my county, just pay your registration (which I now realised I have not done, and that is all that is required. Hope things go well when it is time.

BroHay

In Albuquerque, you have to obtain an emissions test to register your vehicle. Not sure if the same applies for motorcycles. In my county, just pay your registration (which I now realised I have not done, and that is all that is required. Hope things go well when it is time.

BroHay
Thanks ill keep you posted if i find out more info !

Back