Mechanical question

I have a 2007 FZ1 that I bought four weeks ago. It was brand new with 0 km's on it when I picked it up. It's been making a noise ever since then that the service dept thinks is normal. I notice it when I'm cruising at lower RPM (3000 or so) or if I wind it up to 6000-7000 RPM then take my hand off the throttle. It's a kind of mechanical "tink"ing or "klink"ing noise. It sounds kind of like there is a rock or a screw bouncing around inside the exhaust or something else hollow. The sevice dept at my local dealer said that it might be a valve in the engine opening and closing, but I'm not convinced. Does anybody else hear this? I would really appreciate any comments any of you might have, thanks.

I dont think I have ever heard that noise in my bike before. It might just be the exhaust actually breaking in? Didnt have my bike when it was new so I'm not sure if that is common or not.
:confused:

I just picked my bike up, also with 0 miles on it. I've noticed the tink sound. I think it's normal break in stuff making noise. Between scrubbing in the tires and breaking in the engine I'm getting really anxious to see what this thing can do. ;)

thanks

just wanted to say thanks for the replies. I've only got about 1800km's (1100miles) on it so far, so it's still not really fully broken in yet. Godamn it's fun, I just love it!

i wouldnt be concerned , unless its a loud & grinding kind of noise . most motorcycle engines make ticking kinda noises , just enjoy your new ride ..

I have a 2007 FZ1 that I bought four weeks ago. It was brand new with 0 km's on it when I picked it up. It's been making a noise ever since then that the service dept thinks is normal. I notice it when I'm cruising at lower RPM (3000 or so) or if I wind it up to 6000-7000 RPM then take my hand off the throttle. It's a kind of mechanical "tink"ing or "klink"ing noise. It sounds kind of like there is a rock or a screw bouncing around inside the exhaust or something else hollow. The sevice dept at my local dealer said that it might be a valve in the engine opening and closing, but I'm not convinced. Does anybody else hear this? I would really appreciate any comments any of you might have, thanks.

i have had my 08 FZ1 from new it came with 128 demo miles so as good as new... bike has now done 4700 miles .. 2 bike trips in spain & france ...
my motor has always been abit noisy tick.. tick... tap tap yamha sound
i think fz1 motors are noisy FACT... my motor today is making the same noise as when it had 128 miles oclock IT HAS NOT GONE BANG YET.. ride it rev it & injoy it

Back