Memorial Day here in the US

fazer1sniper

Today we honor those U.S. Servive men and women who were killed in action. I'm 4th generation Army Vet and my oldest daughter serves in todays conflicts. Take a moment today and remember what those who have fallen fought for. Those who fought for it in the past. And the service men & women who serve today. I'm gonna enjoy the day with the family, call the kid who thinks she's all hard core Spec Ops soldier, ride the bike & end my day with a drink to the fallen.
DSCN0184.jpg

everyday is memorial day for me. this is a video dedicated to my friends that were KIA in iraq in 2006 during our deployment to ramadi. nate was from NC, and cliff and manny were from michigan. me and nate went to bootcamp, infantry/machine gun school, together and were in the same platoon and rack mates on our first deployment to fallujah, iraq in 2005. i'll never forget, so to me memorial day is no different than any other day because i always remember and live my life everyday in their honor and to honor everyone that has made the ultimate sacrifice. so please never forget and keep the fallen in mind today no matter what you end up doing, because for some people, days like this are especially hard. i think i will go for a ride today...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzMvXoPjIag"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzMvXoPjIag[/ame]

Last edited:
Thank you to all those who are serving now and have served in the U.S. military. I can never thank you enough for the gift of freedom you have given me and my family. Just know that we are thankful for everything you have done and the sacrifices you have made. Thank you! You are all always in our prayers.

Well.. I am 6 months in on a deployment to a crappy area of afghanistan.. even the taliban thanked us with 4 rounds 107 mm chinese rockets on memorial day. nobody was killed thank god... We appreciate all of the thank you's we get.. it helps. Especially when over here. Also, Keep in mind if you really want to help.. you can send care packages. There are a lot of places over here that still dont have the basics.. you would be amazed how nice some good toilet paper is when you have to use the govt stuff all the time.. or how nice it is to have some oatmeal when you work 12 hour shifts during the 12 hours there is no chow...

Back