Metisse X-Pad Sliders

Fly_er

Hi everyone!

I decided to share my experience of protecting my bike.

I was thinking a lot about different ways of protection. My friend for example uses only Givi Crash Bars on his FZ-1N. And they did a really good job several times. But I decided to choose another, more expensive, way of protection. I ordered set of GBracing engine covers and a set of Metisse X-Pad Sliders.

Today I received Metisse Set of sliders. I ordered Long frame sliders, Front fork sliders and rear axle sliders. Besides they have a combined set of Frame sliders and front fork sliders that saves you 20 Euro. You will also save 19% of VAT from whole price if you live outside Germany.

The packing is very nice! Each piece of set is stored in separate compartment of the box, that prevents them from scratching and striking each other. Every set includes clear installation instructions with photos and torque values. You can see everything in photos below:

View attachment 16580

Would like to tell separately about the general quality of all items. All of them are very precisely done and the anoded coating is excellent. All of parts being attached have no play between them. And during installation to the bike all of gaps were minimal and precise.

Will separately tell about installation of all parts. First of all Front fork sliders.
The installation is very simple. Everything entered excellent its places. After you install everything according to instructions you should use the torque wrench to apply 12NM. Frankly speaking it was rather scary to tighten the rod and the nuts. Because the more you approach the specified torque, the more comes the feeling that it will break. But both tre connecting rod and the stainless nut looks very firm. And there were no problems with tightening.

One more good idea is that these sliders are rotatable. After you finish installation, you can rotate the slider in any direction. And also both of sliders have groove. All this is done for front fork stands. As you will put the stand's forks to these grooves and push the stand for lifting the bike, this will not scratch the slider. Because the slider will rotate together with the forks of the stand. Very nice idea from the manufacturers!

See photos below:

View attachment 16581 View attachment 16582

Rear axle sliders are absolutely same as front. Only with specified spacers for rear axle. Also rotatable for bike stand and are precisely fit for the place. As you will see on one of the photos there will be no need of replacing them every time you will need to adjust chain tension, because there is enough space for the nut to slack rear wheel. But I didn't check this yet.

View attachment 16583 View attachment 16584 View attachment 16585

And now the main part - Metisse X-Pad sliders Long.

For our bikes Metisse order two sizes - short and long. I chose long to add more protection. All of the sliders are presented in different colors and also you can choose the color for the bolts to personalize them for your bike. But it will be for the additional price. I chose the standard silver as they fit my bike best way.

The main idea of Metisse X-Pad sliders is that they absorb the energy of strike due to special foam insert and springs inside. You can even test it, trying to compress it with your hands. I think it will seriously help in case of crash, but don't want to test it with my bike ;) They look really great and fit the bike excellent. The installation is simple and looks rather firm. BUT NEVER FORGET TO READ INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS!!! Because after you take off the standard bolt from the frame, you must wse the washer that you had there to install sliders. You can see it on one of the photos below.

View attachment 16586 View attachment 16587 View attachment 16588 View attachment 16589

As you see, all installation bolt holes are securely covered with Metisse logos, so that water or dirt will not go inside. They do not go over the geometry of the bike very much but seems to protect the bike nicely in case of crash. I am about 185 cm high, and as I seat on the bike extremely close to the tank, these sliders are rather far from your legs.

I'm fully satisfied and happy with those sliders set. I hope I would never try them in work, but any way I feel easier, keeping in mind that my bike is protected. Maybe my review will help someone. If people wish, I can also write some thoughts of GBracing Engine covers.

Back