Mid week Sport Tour.

terdog

Im in between projects right now, so I have the week off.

Time to put some miles in the saddle and some wear on the sides of the PR2's.

Thinking about heading up Hwy 49, through Grass Valley, up to hwy 89, across the Gold Lakes Rd, into Quincy. Then, over Bucks Lake Rd, down to Lake Oroville, then back over the top through The LaPorte Rd. Then backtrack back home.

Anyone want to tag along?

I'm assuming you are in CA. :confused: It's hard to tell. :dontknow: I'm too far away, but I'd love to join you if I was closer. Sounds like a good run. I wish I had a curve or 2 in IL. Enjoy the ride. :rmwl:

Ya, I live in the Ca foothills. Less than an hr from South Lake Tahoe and about 3k'.

I feel like Im teasing you. You would cream your jeans over this trip and these roads. Or dirty your drawers.

terdog-albums-pics-picture3646-bucks-chip-close-1.jpg

Rode the Quincy Oroville hwy Sunday it was awesome. A little busy with traffic but a great road. Little toe slider grinding action ate lunch at Bucks lake Lodge then down to Quincy and home. I will do this again :cloud9:

Mike,

It put a hard to come by smile on my face reading this!
Did you like the section that my pic shows? Its such a perfect section.
Did you do the LaPort Rd section?
Which way did you come at it? I5 to Oroville?

We had a nice long ride we left Redding went to Redbluff up hwy 36 to hwy 32 down to Chico over to Oroville up hwy 162 up to the Bucks lake lodge. Then over to Quincy then we went back up 70 to Chester back home. I am not sure were the section that your pic was taken is? I have only been there once so far? I did love the ride and will do it again..

From the Oroville side, its about 1/2 way up the ridge. There is a large section that CalTrans redid a few yrs ago, Beautiful smooth pavement, and all the hillsides are graded and bare dirt. Most of the corners give you a great line of sight through the next 2 or 3 corners, but its too much fun to hold your line and not cheat.

Next time youll need to do the loop by including the LaPorte Rd. Its well worth it.

Smoke was fine really, I think it must be blowing South. It was a little hazy in the valley but once we were barely up in the hills it was all clear. We went right by the fire next ridge over. Terdog the road was great. I esp want to run the lower part by the lake again because we ended up following a car(on a Sunday drive) through most of it. I will be up there again and do some exploring might have to be a camping trip type thing.

As you head up from Lake Oroville, you go through that nice section, then through some rural area, then cross a concrete bridge right next to Madrone Lake. That rural area is a place to keep an eye out. Ive had a few residents just pull out onto the road without looking.

https://www.google.com/maps?ll=39.623673,-121.425018&spn=0.071797,0.169086&t=m&dg=opt&z=13

Madrone Lake is when the "cut bank" section starts.

Gawd! I need to get up there!

The fall colors will be hitting soon up on top of the ridge. Get your camping rig ready.

Last edited:
Back