Mirror extenders I CAN SEE NOW !

Picked up these mirror extenders SW-Motech Mirror Wideners For Yamaha FZ1 '08-'13 - TwistedThrottle.com

Great product, now I can actually see whats behind me instead of looking at my own elbows. Another nice surprise was a HUGE reduction in wind buffeting on the highway !!! Seems moving the mirrors up and out just a little makes a major difference. I'm using a magical racing screen that already was an improvement over stock. Combined with the mirror extenders I've got nothing but smooth air cruising at 75-80mph now :)

Glad they worked for you, but I've found the stock mirrors are very good when compared to other bikes. I've not had any problems with the rear view with the stock stalks. Perhaps you have The Hulk style shoulders.

Glad they worked for you, but I've found the stock mirrors are very good when compared to other bikes. I've not had any problems with the rear view with the stock stalks. Perhaps you have The Hulk style shoulders.

The stock mirrors were not to bad compared to most pure sport bikes but still required me to tuck-in my elbows every time I wanted to check behind me.
Now just a quick glance and I always have a clear view. What really has me grinning is the reduced buffeting from moving the mirrors, amazing what a difference it made.

I can't say if everyone would have the same results it may depend on your height, windscreen, helmet and so on but the smooth air is a HUGE improvement for me.

Anyone looking for reduced buffeting I'll suggest you try removing your mirrors first and going for a ride if you find improvement, then you may want to consider extenders.

Big chest, wide shoulders... stock mirrors are not good for me. These would work great in my case.... I'm guessing people who do not have problems with the stock mirrors are not as broad-shouldered as the ones who do?

I like twisted throttles stuff its not cheap but good quality.Im making out pretty good with my Chinese blue tinted bar end mirrors but now I need the block off plates.

Seventy bucks? Mother effer!

Noticed the same thing. No matter how much I adjust my mirrors I get a nice view of my elbows, and I'm not a big guy. They look good but don't think I'm willing to spend that much on mirror extenders.

Picked up these mirror extenders SW-Motech Mirror Wideners For Yamaha FZ1 '08-'13 - TwistedThrottle.com

Great product, now I can actually see whats behind me instead of looking at my own elbows. Another nice surprise was a HUGE reduction in wind buffeting on the highway !!! Seems moving the mirrors up and out just a little makes a major difference. I'm using a magical racing screen that already was an improvement over stock. Combined with the mirror extenders I've got nothing but smooth air cruising at 75-80mph now :)

Will they fit a 06? Aren' t they the same bike afterall. If so I would order them

Ouch already another $70.

Thanks for the thread I was wondering about these. Only put about 400 miles on my new to me 08 but the tucking of the elbows to look back was getting on my nerves. Sucks too because I already had to replace a mirror that got broke during shipping.

Just got my ZG touring screen today, hope it helps with the wind, I may have to pop the mirrors off for a quick run and see what your talking about.

Really don't like the idea of block off plates and bar mounts. May be worth $70 to try to avoid it all.

Back