Mirror options?

Hey all, I've got an '07 FZ1, retro kit, flush mounts and fender eliminator... Planning to mod my stock windscreen as I don't like the height of it, but before I do, I need to find mirrors. My '05 looked odd with the big stock mirrors and short screen. My other issue is that I can't see past my elbows.

What are some options? I've looked at the Rizoma and CRG bar ends, but I really have a hard time justifying $200+ for mirrors... But at the same time, I don't want the $30 eBay bar ends, as I fear they will be useless junk. Are there any middle ground options out there?

I went with the $10 bar ends from ebay because I wasn't sure if I would like that style of mirror. So far, they've held up pretty well. The faces are a bit convex, so they took a little getting used to. I had the same problem with the stock mirrors in that I couldn't see past my elbows. I had a pick-up truck completely hidden in the "blind spot" behind me with the stock mirrors one day. Went home and placed the ebay order immediately.

Eventually I'll probably get something nicer, but for now even the $10 pair offer much better visibility than stock.

Cool, thanks! I took the gamble and tossed $20 at eBay and figured it won't hurt. What did you use to block off your stock mounts?

Thinking outside the box, have you seen a Reevu helmet? I'm really thinking about getting one this summer, and then just putting some stylish barely functional mirrors on as a concession to the law.

...What did you use to block off your stock mounts?

I originally ordered block-off plates from JDA Custom, but that turned out badly (see details in this thread).

I ended up returning the "bad" JDA parts (minus a restocking fee :mad:) and stuck with the custom ones I fabricated from some scrap metal I had laying around. I now have access to a laser engraver and have thought about adding some FZ1 logos, but haven't done anything about it.

If you're interested in making your own, let me know and I can trace mine to make your life easier. It was a bit of trial and error to get the fit right.

Last edited:
Back