Mirrors suck on my gen I.

I'm not going naked, but I'm curious what you all are using to hold the rear view mirror on the left side. The throttle side appears to have a mirror post cast in, but the clutch over perch does not. Is there a nice stock. Yamaha part that will work as a clutch lever perch with the kill switch wiring and also has a mirror post threaded thing cast in?

I'm not going naked, but I'm curious what you all are using to hold the rear view mirror on the left side. The throttle side appears to have a mirror post cast in, but the clutch over perch does not. Is there a nice stock. Yamaha part that will work as a clutch lever perch with the kill switch wiring and also has a mirror post threaded thing cast in?

I installed bar mirrors, had to buy the clutch lever perch part # 1B3-82911-00 this fits like stock and accepts the kill switch, price at RonAyers is ~ $15.00. it is an FZ8 part.
if you want me to post a photo let me know.

Last edited:
Genuine Yamaha.

I ordered a Yamaha part from the fz9 or something. Says it will work and it has the plug for the kill switch wiring to keep it all stock and clean looking. I guess I will have to cover up the old mirror mounting holes. I will make some kind of temporary fix to keep the fairing on while I test the new mirrors, but I suspect others have done something clever with this. Is there a source for that? What do you guys with bar end mirrors do?

Back