Mod

I don't believe there is any reason to do it anymore. You can simply get a flash done. The flies mod was used with a PowerCommander, map etc. You can just get a flash done for 200-$350 and be done with it.

My advice is get it flashed. Vcyclenut in Seattle did mine in 2 days. Block off the AIS. He gets rid of the 0-5000 rpm timing retard (oem). No need to mess with EXUP, etc. He disables that oem garbage in the software. No more snatchymess.
Totally different bike after the flash. ($200 last year, 2021) Pulls hard from 0-165mph.
If you plan to go down a tooth on the front sprocket, tell him. I did, totally worth it. Get the 16 tooth oem 2001-2005 FZ1 from partzilla, it fits and has the cushion rings. You'll be sorry if you get one without the rings.

My advice is get it flashed. Vcyclenut in Seattle did mine in 2 days. Block off the AIS. He gets rid of the 0-5000 rpm timing retard (oem). No need to mess with EXUP, etc. He disables that oem garbage in the software. No more snatchymess.
Totally different bike after the flash. ($200 last year, 2021) Pulls hard from 0-165mph.
If you plan to go down a tooth on the front sprocket, tell him. I did, totally worth it. Get the 16 tooth oem 2001-2005 FZ1 from partzilla, it fits and has the cushion rings. You'll be sorry if you get one without the rings.
EXACTLY....I had VCYCLENUT do mine...And OMG did it wake up my 06....I ride it every day weather permitting even if its for 25 miles and it gets my adrenaline going every time...

Back