Mother's Day Jaunt 2012

First off, Happy Mother's Day to all our Mothers here on the site. Every year I take a nice ride on Mother's Day. I wish my Mom were closer but unfortunately she's not leaving Vegas to come back here. So each year I take a ride by myself and think about Mom and all the good times we had. Here's a little video I took today with the GoPro. I used the higher mount this time so unless I use the Camera Tank Mount, this is the view I'll be getting.

I also wish that Power Director would realize that some people are allowed more than 15 minutes on YouTube! It split the video into two parts, BUT, instead of making two 8 minute videos, it made one 15 minute video and one 1 minute vid. WTH??!!

Neither one is really exciting. No "hijinx" today as there were many cops around.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtJaJ0jyox0&list=UUtIiPrXXOnkIUMfJ6mRxgkQ&index=2&feature=plcp]Mother's Day Ride 2012(1/2) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv8MusfrXG4&list=UUtIiPrXXOnkIUMfJ6mRxgkQ&index=1&feature=plcp]Mother's Day Ride 2012(2/2) - YouTube[/ame]

It was a beautiful day today. Had to be getting close to 80 degrees by the afternoon. I was out by 8am and back by 11:30 before all the "crazies" woke up.

That's the best time to ride.

When I was into P-Cars, I used to drive my favorite road at 6 am on Christmas Day. I had the whole road to myself. :)

That's the best time to ride.

When I was into P-Cars, I used to drive my favorite road at 6 am on Christmas Day. I had the whole road to myself. :)

All my friends make fun of me, but I always leave super early and come back early. I love being out early with the sun coming up. Everybody is asleep from doing their "Saturday night thing" and I'm out having a ball. I ride by myself 98% of the time anyway. No one will get up early enogh to ride along but thats fine with me.

I think you nailed the camera position, or even just a touch higher, IMHO. Looked like a great, calming ride.

I got to go out with my wife yesterday in the afternoon. My mom got some time with our kids picking strawberries and my wife and I went out on a 4 hour, leisurely ride. She was on her little Ninja and I was on the FZ. I think we put on about 150 miles never cracking 70mph, mostly around 55-60. What a great time. The Scala Rider G4 system is so great to be able to talk while riding. I just wish I had a GoPro so I could have recorded some of the beautiful roads we found. One was a bridge over a lake. There was no shoulder, so I could not even get a still picture :(

I didn't notice any bicyclists in the woods. :woot: I guess you answered a question I never thought to ask... does a bicyclists sh!t in the woods? I hope he took off the neon yellow vest, I couldn't ever quite find it in the video, but that's OK. :kuku:

Keep those videos coming. I'm so happy to see you riding again. It looks like a great bike. A bit of a compromise between the FZ1 and the R1? :cheerleader:

I think you nailed the camera position, or even just a touch higher, IMHO. Looked like a great, calming ride.

I got to go out with my wife yesterday in the afternoon. My mom got some time with our kids picking strawberries and my wife and I went out on a 4 hour, leisurely ride. She was on her little Ninja and I was on the FZ. I think we put on about 150 miles never cracking 70mph, mostly around 55-60. What a great time. The Scala Rider G4 system is so great to be able to talk while riding. I just wish I had a GoPro so I could have recorded some of the beautiful roads we found. One was a bridge over a lake. There was no shoulder, so I could not even get a still picture :(

I didn't notice any bicyclists in the woods. :woot: I guess you answered a question I never thought to ask... does a bicyclists sh!t in the woods? I hope he took off the neon yellow vest, I couldn't ever quite find it in the video, but that's OK. :kuku:

Keep those videos coming. I'm so happy to see you riding again. It looks like a great bike. A bit of a compromise between the FZ1 and the R1? :cheerleader:

Hahaha!!! Troy! Your the first one to even mention it buddy! If you "stop" the video at 5:22 and look right below my rightside mirror, you'll see him "hunkered" down doing the business. I couldn't believe that he chose to be so close to the road.

Back