motoGP Spain (SPOILER ALERT)

You could see Lorenzo look over before the impact. He knew he was going to bump. He just didn't want to go wide and get beat. Instead, he wasn't in front of Marquez, so in that situation the inside rider will usually stay up.

Lorenzo could have gone wide or tried to slow down and go underneath........but instead, well.

Rossi and Yamaha better get on the stick .... they are outclassed by Honda and even by his own team mate.

Rossi and Marquez went at it earlier in the race, but Marquez just took off from him. I thought for a minute Rossi was going to show up. I wonder what it is keeping him back?

Rossi is over the hill. Casey proved that. Marquez, Jorge, Danni and Crutchlow are the top dogs now. Pitty Crutchlow didn't get the factory ride...

Rossi is over the hill. Casey proved that. Marquez, Jorge, Danni and Crutchlow are the top dogs now. Pitty Crutchlow didn't get the factory ride...

With the class of riders out there these days I can't see Rossi winning another dry race.
He is being made to look silly by his team mate Lorenzo but worse still by a rookie, Marquez.
It looks like a fight between the 3 Spaniards for the Championship.

I am new to Moto GP this year, but that Pass by Marquez looked a little forced, if Lorenzo had not been there to stop him Marquez would of run wide and gone off or near the edge of the track.

The commentators mentioned there can be reviews of passes and penalties handed out, does anyone think that could happen in this case?

Marquez is fast, but I also get the feeling he is riding on the edge more than other riders and will most likely crash out one of the races this season.

Also what is the deal with CRT vs Prototype Bikes? Is it almost like some guys are riding in a second class and will never have a chance at podium because the CRT bikes are that much different?

I have been watching Supercross for a long time and the difference between a stock bike from the showroom and a full factory bike is pretty bike in Dollars spent and cool trick items on the bikes, but a good rider on a stock bike can get out there and hang with the big boys.

I see it this way: That pass is something that happens. It's racing. The guy getting passed sometimes has a chance to avoid it........and especially if he can see the wheel of the other bike. If your RPM's are up you can accelerate around, or take a different line and go underneath or go wide. Lorenzo chose to not give up the lead....and that's what happened. Marquez went in a little hot, but also if he had leaned over he would have been more susceptible to being bumped over. Marquez and Lorenzo have been riding a lot together already in testing sessions, practice, qualifying and 3 races now. So, that means they know each other. They are both highly skilled at it.

It's worse when there are 2 different speed riders in a corner. Then you have to worry about an unpredictable line from a guy who isn't paying attention. You try to pass and a racer turns in to your line....sucks. Without a good separation and a bike turning in to you--you learn quickly! Bad things can happen!

Back