Mpg?

Hi everone :tup:
So only got my 2009 FZ1N a couple of weeks ago and have had a few fill ups since then.
I've now noticed I'm only getting about 31mpg!
The bike is fitted with a akrapovic slip-on and a PCV but not sure what map is loaded.
What kind of MPG are you peeps getting? and how many miles before your fuel gauge is flashing?
My last bike was a 2006 R1 fitted with a very smiler set up and I would get 40ish MPG.
Do you think it needs a better PCV map?

I'm certainly there are several MPG threads already on here and it's probably best to check there than to start another one... but since I'm already here .. :)

If you ride in a spirited manner, 31 is quite normal for this bike. Conservative riding should yield 35-ish and ultra conservative can put you closer to 40.

BUT.. that's without PCV. A rich PCV map can easily mess that up.

Yeah, what is your riding style, are you on the gas all the time? You doing mostly canyon runs, sprints?

I have a 2002 Gen1, so mine is Carburated vs your FI, however I routinely get from 42-44 on a tank. However most of my riding is cruising the freeway around 80mph.

And yes use the search feature when you can.

You Americans missed that he's from Norwich which is in the UK and means his MPG is Imperial and not US. ;)

31 MPG Imperial is around 25 MPG US so he seems to be quite a lot lower than most of the Gen 2 guys are reporting.

Last edited:
Sorry I did do a MPG search and no post came up...opps.
And I did post in the UK forum :UK flag:
But I've just searched "Miles per gallon" and now found some posts.....doh!!

???? What is the difference between MPG Imperial and non-Imperial?

Is a mile in England still 5280 feet? Is a Gallon still a Gallon? I am confused. I would understand if he was referring to Miles Per Liter or something since gas is sold in Liters instead of Gallons there. But how is Miles Per Gallon different?

Yeah! Their handlebars are on the other side of the bike too!! Oh wait.. :D

HA!

When my wife and I went to Scotland a few years back we rented a car for the nearly 3 weeks we were there. The first few hours of driving a manual transmission car, shifting with my left hand and focusing on remembering to look to the upper left for my rear view mirror was a bit weird, but after the initial shock I got into the groove with no problems.

Driving on the left side of the road instead of the right was actually the easiest thing for me to get used to, I never once pulled into on-coming traffic...

Now what if they put the throttle and brake on the left side and the clutch on the right side of the handle bar...... yikes.

Back