ms. Fuzz is battered!

Sorry to hear about the off! Any details you can share about it? Anything for the rest of us to learn from it?
Sleep makes for a sharper mind. I've been burning the wick at both ends for a while for work and knew I was run down but reeeally needed a ride. One of my mates, on a Diavel, was holding me up so I waited and pounced onto a longish straight using ms.Fuzz's greater cornering speed. He heard me coming and it was on. I pulled alongside and shifted into third on redline. It was seriously neck and neck and my mate bowed to ms.Fuzz afterward. Anyway, corner approaching FAST, throw out the anchors but then it was all too fast for my fatigued state. I didn't:
Look through the corner
get out of the saddle
wrench the bike over
bring in a smidge of throttle

Instead, I procrastinated and looked at that big dirty guard rail. The front end washed out less than a metre from the rail in rubble. And that was that.

Thanx for all the well wishes all. I'm very lucky to be here to receive them, I certainly do appreciate that and have admonished myself plenty recently.
Ride safe out there and respect the risks your taking.

Well the shame continues! Have removed the front end

7429851346_e4c464048c_z.jpg

Bearing races out too. The bottom one was actually cracked and crumbling! Here's what it looks like inside there with everything stripped out.

7429851348_c7cdb70942_z.jpg

Being a means to a good end, a couple mates chipped

7429851182_96af193f04_z.jpg

Dang, that beauty! What is in the plans for resurrection?

Hey there CB.
Well, thought while the front end was off anyway that it might be cool to try the R1triple tree combo to match the forks and brakes. So, doing some ghetto mods to the R1 top clamp to get that to work. Should be interesting to see how the geometry change and extra front end height feel.
While the front cowl was off, also played around with a better mount/location for the zumo. Stay tuned.
Oh yeah, finally wired in that gear indicator too ;-)

She's back!

8066469252_5ab6bbfd97_b.jpg

Actually had it back on the road several months ago but with the old touring screen and red front cowl. Did the job but... . now she looks the biz again

Played around with moving the zumo above the gauges, didn't work :shame:
Did play around with the maps a bit recently and on the tour, that Emap sure is smooth and maybe because of that, economical.

you should get some knobby tires if you are gonna be taking her off road.....

:eek5:
She aint no DP but does ok in the dirt with the upright position and wide tyres. It's rocks and slime she doesn't like and that's what turned us around on this mountain pass.
Was with a mate on a SDR that also likes hunting out link roads. Some prefer to coin them escape routes should things turn a bit Smokey & the Banditish :-D

Last edited:
She aint no DP but does ok in the dirt with the upright position and wide tyres. It's rocks and slime she doesn't like and that's what turned us around on this mountain pass.
Was with a mate on a SDR that also likes hunting out link roads. Some prefer to coin them escape routes should things turn a bit Smokey & the Banditish :-D

It is a good pic. I should do the same with mine when she is ready for a photo shoot.

Back